Graviteam Games Question

Started by JudgeDredd, July 05, 2013, 02:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Krabb

Just in case, sound modding is described in docs/modwork/modtools.pdf on page 10.


sandman2575


Silent Disapproval Robot

I must be going deaf in my dotage.  I don't really hear any difference between the two.  (Then again, I think the game sounds fine as it is.)

sandman2575

No, you're right, the differences are more subtle than I'd like (what I want is a complete sound overhaul -- or some of the sound mods from CMx2 transported over to GTOS (i know that's impossible, but still).  Still, any improvement's an improvement.

Now if they could just mute out the idiocy of Landser shouting "Wir wollen allen sterben!!!" 

Tinkershuffle

Fantastic GTOS channel by Arch, I think these tutorials are essential for everyone playing this game.


Pete Dero

Thanks for the link.

I'm affraid to admit i bought the game (and most addons when they were on sale) and never really got into it.  Maybe this will help. 

mikeck

I'm all in on Graviteam. For the last3 weeks I have been playing "operation Hooper" exclusivly. Love that 80's light armor. Th best for me is the artillery. The graphics and destruction are amazing. I just stop everything and watch my mortars tear up infantry
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

Quote from: mikeck on June 28, 2015, 01:16:23 PM
I'm all in on Graviteam. For the last3 weeks I have been playing "operation Hooper" exclusivly. Love that 80's light armor. Th best for me is the artillery. The graphics and destruction are amazing. I just stop everything and watch my mortars tear up infantry

For me, the downside is that infantry is considerably weak in this game.

mikeck

#99
Not sure about the WW2 scenarios...maybe. But in Hooper they seem ok. Dismounted they do reasonably well. Many of the infantry companies can be reinforced with support weapons like "Milan" ATGMs, recoiless rifles, .50 cal HMG and mortars. If you place them well and leave their native vehicle around for support, they do well.

My only complaint is that the friendly AI on the operations map is useless. They never attack where I want.

Also, as to infantry, I wish they would use cover a bit more...lots of running

Still, an infantry squad with an accompanying Milan ATGM is nasty
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

Ah yes. The modern campaigns have excellent tank killing capabilities.  Even the lowly RPG can do the trick.

Tinkershuffle

I've also been playing Hooper lately. I didn't even know that I can attach support AT squads in this game before I watched those videos. It makes fighting against Cuban APCs with infantry a bit easier..:p

panzerde

These are pretty cool videos - I suspect I'm going to learn a lot about this game I didn't realize. The narrator's voice is messing with my head, though. Is he really British or is this actually an American doing a really poor imitation of an accent?

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mikeck

#103
@tinkershuffle

Yeah, that's a biggie. Also, artillery is much better in the modern versions. Attach some mortars to your company HQ and they can really shred infantry.

I usually attach mortars and arty to HQ units and then ATGM and recoiless to my infantry only units and usually light armor to my more mobile units

Hint: some platoons are already "filled" and have no spots for a support unit. Wait a few battles and find one of the squads that is beat up: "disband it" which sends its leftover men and ammo to other squads. It also opens up a slot for support...if you have any left
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Tinkershuffle

Thanks for the tips but how do I exactly disband a squad, I can't seem to find that button anywhere?