FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen

Started by undercovergeek, July 10, 2015, 03:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pete Dero


JasonPratt

Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 10:42:03 AM
Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)

Hope it goes well JP

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Pete Dero on July 10, 2015, 10:19:53 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 10, 2015, 10:03:00 AM

Also - muggins here pumped up the doh for F1 2015. Here's hoping (again!)



Maybe check out this first review : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-10-f1-2015-review
Too late. FPS is screwed for me. It's like driving a formula one car whilst on weed!

I'm going to go back in and see what setting, if any, sorts it out. Maybe running 640x480 will help  :buck2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 10:42:03 AM
Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)
Yeah - good luck there Jason  :)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Huw the Poo

Good luck to your dad, Jason.

This weekend I'm going to be all about the newly-discovered Civ 5 (I'm sure I was given it for free from someone on here actually - who was it?).  I shall have the house to myself for approximately 24 hours starting Saturday afternoon so I will no doubt finish my first game, then onto a new one with the Gods and Kings expansion pack. O0

BanzaiCat

Echoing well wishes for your dad, JP. :)

I don't know what I'll be doing - the family is returning Saturday at midnight from their three weeks in Arizona, so I might get a bit more gaming in tomorrow. I bought Lisa and Life Is Strange on sale from Steam last night...tried Life Is Strange for a bit and it was pretty fun. Basically a Telltale game but with time-travel superpowers; very intriguing.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Asid

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Tuna


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Shelldrake

I hope your Dad's procedure goes well Jason. Sending positive thoughts your way.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Bison

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 10, 2015, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: Bison on July 10, 2015, 08:50:33 AM
Good God geek why not just play Barbie Girl and get it over with if you are going to pick horrible music.
Your wish is my command



WTF is wrong with you people?

Bison

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 10:42:03 AM
Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)

Good luck to your father JP.