FRIDAY knows that something good is going to happen

Started by undercovergeek, July 10, 2015, 03:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Airborne Rifles

Prayers for you father JP.


I'll be trying to fit in some CMANO this weekend. I've finished the Northern Fury 2 scenario and I need to finish up the AAR. Now on to Northern Fury 4: A Cold and Lonely Place.

bbmike

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 10:42:03 AM
Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)

Hope everything works out good, Jason!

Any gaming for me will be tabletop (Catan and/or Tiny Epic Kingdoms).
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 10, 2015, 10:42:03 AM
Dad has a tricky pacemaker operation coming up this afternoon, so not much gaming likely this weekend; but maybe something good is going to happen.  O0

(We've had a good run since his original and technically fatal heart attack back in '96.  O:-) Can't complain, but doesn't hurt to hope this extends the run in a good way. Worst would be if he survives a bad procedure in an ongoing terrible state...)

Your dad is in my prayers Jason. 


I just finished Bloodborne the other day and am now playing Toukiden Kiwami.  I'm also going to try and continue my career in Project Cars.  Then what ever else tickles my fancy.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Best wishes and a speedy recover for your Dad Jason. O0

Staggerwing

Jason, I hope all goes well for your dad.


Quote from: Bison on July 10, 2015, 02:24:09 PM

WTF is wrong with you people?

I'm assuming that the question is rhetorical because you can't really, really want to know...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Prayers for your dad, JP.

Most of my gaming has been offline recently.  My kids have gotten the Magic the Gathering bug and we have been building and battling decks for the past several weeks.  Any online stuff will most likely be Warlock 2/Civ IV BtS/whatever tickles my fancy at the time.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Dad (and his doctors) matrixed the bullet again like it was no big thing!  O0 Assuming the night goes fine, which it looks like it will, he'll be home tomorrow.

Now we just have to hope the vegetation which was floating around in his bloodstream (and which was why he had to have his previous difib/maker removed a couple of years ago, because the "vegetation" started growing on it) has gone away. Or at least won't set up camp again on this side.

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes!  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on July 10, 2015, 07:23:16 PM
Prayers for your dad, JP.

Most of my gaming has been offline recently.  My kids have gotten the Magic the Gathering bug and we have been building and battling decks for the past several weeks.  Any online stuff will most likely be Warlock 2/Civ IV BtS/whatever tickles my fancy at the time.

Good man. MtG rocks.

Sir Slash

I tell you those Pratts are made of good stuff. Glad to hear your Dad's on the mend Jason.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo


undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2015, 08:04:23 PM
What is it?

A bit like mark of the ninja except the game goes turn based when in combat and your a motorcycle helmet wearing sword wielding nutter - no stealth, kill everyone to avenge your family