So... Congo Merc. Looks pretty nifty!

Started by JasonPratt, July 10, 2015, 07:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tosh

#17
Despite the problems tgb is reporting, I went on to purchase the game, only to find out, that I can´t even launch the game.

Everytime I try, I get an error message, stating that the game files aren´t compatible with my windows version. I´m running win7 32 bit.
I find this especially interessting, as on their product page there is nowhere stated that a specific OS is required to run the game.

I´m quite annoyed as this was my birthday gift.  :'(

Barthheart

Quote from: Tosh on July 11, 2015, 04:32:00 PM
Despite the problems tgb is reporting, I went on to purchase the game, only to find out, that I can´t even launch the game.

Everytime I try, I get an error message, stating that the game files aren´t compatible with my windows version. I´m running win7 32 bit.
I find this especially interessting, as on their product page there is nowhere stated that a specific OS is required to run the game.

I´m quite annoyed as this was my birthday gift.  :'(

Well that's odd and sucks. Try going the the Hunted Cow website forums. Under the Hex War threads there might be something about this. If not ask away. The debs there are quite helpful.
Good luck.

tgb

Contact Hexwar directly.  I encountered all kinds of bugs when I first got the game, and was at the point of asking for a refund.  Not only did they give me my money back, but they sent me a patch to fix the problems and said to keep the game anyway for my troubles.  So hats off to them for that.

Can you get far enough to see what version it is?  The link they sent me for the good version downloads 1.01.  If you're at 1.00 let me know and I'll forward the link.

Tosh

Thanks for all the comments.

I already contacted the HexWar support, but waiting for a response (ok its sunday).

@ tgb: I checked the properties of the setup installer I downloaded, and its said, its version 1.0.1. So I guess I´m stuck atm, and have to wait what help their support can offer me.

airboy

Looking forward to the review.

But based on the comments of those who have gotten the game to run - I'm not terribly interested.  Totally luck, card-flipping outcome regardless of your in-game decisions does not make a winner for my time investment.

weateallthepies

I've got the boardgame and it's an odd one. As others have said, very luck based, I think I won it almostly instalntly once just due to the random counter positions.

Not sure I want it as software and I didn't buy any more in the series.

GJK

Sounds like a dumb-down version of Ambush.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer