Shock Tactics - turn based, squad stuff

Started by undercovergeek, July 14, 2015, 07:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

It looks great, admittedly one trailer but i like everything i see

"turn-based sci-fi strategy game with squad management, exploration, base building and tactical combat that captures the heat of the battle while maintaining fluid gameplay. It is inspired by the space western style of Firefly, the massive weapons of Warhammer 40k and turn-based games like Jagged Alliance and X-COM."

http://shock-tactics-game.com/


JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart


BanzaiCat

I clicked on this thread to find out what a sqaud is.

Jarhead0331

Looks interesting, but the trailer gives me pause. Base building looks extremely limited and the tactical maps appear to be very small and tight. Hopefully this stuff gets fleshed out in alpha.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek


BanzaiCat

LOL...sorry, just messing with you 'geek. :)

Thanks for the post, this does look interesting.

salazarus

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 14, 2015, 08:26:25 AM
Looks interesting, but the trailer gives me pause. Base building looks extremely limited and the tactical maps appear to be very small and tight. Hopefully this stuff gets fleshed out in alpha.

+1

It looks like game for tablets.

Tpek

I think there was some thread about this not to long ago.
And If I'm right, the game had a different name back then.

I'll look it up later.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 14, 2015, 09:46:11 AM
LOL...sorry, just messing with you 'geek. :)

Thanks for the post, this does look interesting.

lol thats ok, i changed when you werent looking

RooksBailey

It does look interesting; reminds me of a sci-fi Expeditions: Conquistador.  Hope they can put something good out there.  I would be even more excited if it had vehicle combat, too. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway