Little monster, I got my FRIDAY on you!

Started by MetalDog, July 16, 2015, 11:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

Ended up playing some Warlock.  The game is still ongoing, but it's just a matter of turns until I destroy my opposition.  It the anti-climatic mop up stage of the game.  blah.

MetalDog

If you were better at it, it wouldn't take so long :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

To be fair I've played nearly an entire game in the time it takes you to complete a single turn. :P

MetalDog

Touche, mon Capitaine!  Any time you want to lose at some Warlock, look me up.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

^Or get some War and Peace reading done.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Keep the funnies coming.  It'll give you something to do while you are losing.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

He could read The Wheel of Time during your turns.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

^  I think the latter might actually take less time than the former. 




Quote from: bbmike on July 20, 2015, 03:50:48 PM
Quote from: Martok on July 20, 2015, 02:48:04 PM
Quote from: bbmike on July 19, 2015, 06:05:17 PM
Ended up playing Armada 2526. I forgot how much I enjoy this 4x space game.
O0

I can't remember:  Do you have the Supernova expansion/Gold Edition?

Yes, I do. And I wish they would release another one.  :)
As would I! 

Unfortunately, it sounds like Bob Smith has no plans to make a sequel at this time; he's too busy with Oriental Empires.  Hopefully some day when he's done with that one...  <crosses fingers> 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on July 21, 2015, 07:36:17 AM
Or write a new version of the series.

I actually devoted some spare neuron cycles a while back to trimming down the sloggy(iest) six books into two books (from Lord of Chaos through Knife of Dreams, which itself isn't nearly as sloggy but plotwise needed to be included for balance). Every once in a while I go back and pick at it some more. Haven't gotten farther than LoC, but am well into it.

Then I come to my senses and go do something else with my time and energy.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd