FRIDAY was Shot Down by the Europeans

Started by WYBaugh, July 24, 2015, 09:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna

I think the first time I saw you doing another Tiller game, I thought there was a new game out and went looking as well!
Hey on the plus side it made me know you play, and that tempted me to ask you to PBEM!  ;)

Toonces

Ahhhh....so that's what that "add a game" does on your Steam library?  Neat!  I might have to do that.  The thing is, my non-Steam games are so scattered that I don't even know I own them sometimes.  It would be nice to have them all consolidated in my Steam library.  I may try that.   O0
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

panzerde

Quote from: Toonces on July 25, 2015, 11:29:24 AM
Ahhhh....so that's what that "add a game" does on your Steam library?  Neat!  I might have to do that.  The thing is, my non-Steam games are so scattered that I don't even know I own them sometimes.  It would be nice to have them all consolidated in my Steam library.  I may try that.   O0

In all seriousness, that is exactly why I do it. I forget what I own unless I have a nice clear listing like my Steam library.

It's also nice to launch what I've been playing recently by right clicking the Steam icon in the System Tray and getting a list of recent games.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Rayfer

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 24, 2015, 04:32:13 PM
Gonna have to add The Talos Principle to the list.  I've heard nothing but amazing things about it and it's currently on sale so....yeah.

Saw it on sale too, came close but didn't pull the trigger.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Rayfer on July 26, 2015, 11:12:50 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 24, 2015, 04:32:13 PM
Gonna have to add The Talos Principle to the list.  I've heard nothing but amazing things about it and it's currently on sale so....yeah.

Saw it on sale too, came close but didn't pull the trigger.

You won't wanna hear this then: it's very good.  I'm struggling to get any time in with Worlds of Magic because I keep being drawn back into The Talos Principle.  I can't really talk about it because it's one of those games where you should go in as blind as possible, but what I will say is if you like Portal, you'll like The Talos Principle.  It's an exceptionally good game and my only regret is not buying it sooner.

Gusington

Either I am really olde or Ryse: Son of Rome is totally frenetic and insane. Maybe both. How do people play games this fast paced? Where's my teefs?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 26, 2015, 11:47:34 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on July 26, 2015, 11:12:50 AM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 24, 2015, 04:32:13 PM
Gonna have to add The Talos Principle to the list.  I've heard nothing but amazing things about it and it's currently on sale so....yeah.

Saw it on sale too, came close but didn't pull the trigger.

You won't wanna hear this then: it's very good.  I'm struggling to get any time in with Worlds of Magic because I keep being drawn back into The Talos Principle.  I can't really talk about it because it's one of those games where you should go in as blind as possible, but what I will say is if you like Portal, you'll like The Talos Principle.  It's an exceptionally good game and my only regret is not buying it sooner.
Good to know. I bought Portal for my son, and both my kids play the life out of it. Time to check out the Talos principle for them. Thanks Huw. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 24, 2015, 10:06:58 AM
Quote from: bbmike on July 24, 2015, 09:49:33 AM
What will you guys do when you run out of videos?  ::)

  Record your own?  My wife is making a documentary about me.  Horribly funny so far.  No games have been harmed in the recording sessions yet.  So I will be trying to play some respectable games this weekend while the cameras roll:

   Board games -- respectable by their very nature as map-like objects surrounded by legalistic verbiage AND gambling equipment.
   Vassal ---------- as respectable as email
   Flight sims ----- I will be wearing headphones and what's more respectable than somebody who can't hear anything you say to them?
   Attila ----------- Headphones!!!

  What happened?  I just played The Last Roman (Attila DLC) as the Normal Franks.  The Vandals, Visigoths and Ostrogoths were about to take me apart when the Visigoths started having internal problems.  I went after them with everything I had and oddly enough the VAndals and then the Ostrogoths decided to get out of the war either because their ally was falling apart or they wanted to pick up some pieces or the Romans were getting out of hand.  I don't really know.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Boggit on July 27, 2015, 08:48:12 AM
Good to know. I bought Portal for my son, and both my kids play the life out of it. Time to check out the Talos principle for them. Thanks Huw. O0

Splendid!  I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have been! O0

By the way there is a demo available.

Kushan

I played some World of Warships Friday, rage uninstalled late that night, reinstalled before I hit the rack and then alternated between it and Command for the rest of the weekend.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

had another bash at warships and decided to stop playing like a 15 year old kid and trying to get to the action first, thought about it, plotted course, paired up with another guy and shared his targets - result, survived 2 battles, sunk 4 ships - muchos research purchased

Toonces

I've never heard of a rage uninstall before.  That's pretty bad.   :o
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

I've rage uninstalled Dota 2 before.  Then installed it again about two days later...