"Feeling Old" 2015 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 15, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on August 01, 2015, 01:41:41 PM
^How do you feel?

Like looking over his shoulder...


Here's hoping you become the oldest cousin by a wide margin Grey!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on August 01, 2015, 01:41:41 PM
^How do you feel?

Unlike my cousin Helen who was on dialysis and suffering from numerous afflictions (we buried her husband two weeks before she passed), I feel okay. But so did my cousin Edwin just moments before he had the heart attack that killed him.

Thanks for the kind thought, Staggerwing. But I don't think I'd want to be the last to go--three of the 1st cousins on the list are my siblings, all of whom are younger than I am.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Gusington

Well if you feel ok and get regular check-ups, you have a good chance of beating your DNA.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

I don't exactly feel good, but otherwise that's the plan.  ;)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Sir Slash

Not me. I feel lucky to have lived as long as I have now considering all the things wished on me by angry ex's. :tickedoff: How can you burn-in-hell.... and be as cold as a frozen dildo? Doesn't make sense.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Greybriar

I've felt like I was living on borrowed time ever since my tour of duty as an infantryman in Vietnam. ::)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

MetalDog

Then it's been a life well lived.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

LongBlade

+1 with MetalDog.

In any event we're here for you. Moral support, blow off steam, or thoughts and prayers. We'll do what we can.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

Sitting in front of a row of teenage girls last night at the soccer game (their team was there) and somehow the discussion turned on "how far up do you shave".

Years ago, I would've been thinking "that's hot"; instead I was thinking "geez, Bayonette's going to be having these conversations waaaay too soon for my liking".  Yeah, she's 5.  Ugh.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

My girls are 7 and 9 so take a number. Sounds like I'm next.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Quote from: LongBlade on August 02, 2015, 10:52:52 AM
+1 with MetalDog.

In any event we're here for you. Moral support, blow off steam, or thoughts and prayers. We'll do what we can.

Thanks, I appreciate that.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Sir Slash

My wife and I were going to have dinner at a Brazillian Steakhouse but neither of us wanted to have to shave before we ate there. If you know what I mean. How could they tell I wonder?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Real Gauchos don't shave anyway.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys