"Feeling Old" 2015 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 15, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

#166
Quote from: Gusington on August 02, 2015, 12:41:09 PM
My girls are 7 and 9 so take a number. Sounds like I'm next.

I have a 10 year old daughter.  I'm entering the Danger Zone. I'm hoping she takes most of it out on her mother.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

16 and 17.

Y'all call me if you need advice.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on August 02, 2015, 05:39:35 PM
16 and 17.

Y'all call me if you need advice.

Damn LB. Let me know if you need to talk.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on August 02, 2015, 05:46:22 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on August 02, 2015, 05:39:35 PM
16 and 17.

Y'all call me if you need advice.

Damn LB. Let me know if you need to talk.

Ha! I don't tell you a tenth of the drama that rolls through here. Thanks, but I'm coping well enough.

(Yay! I finally get to use this smiley!)

Y'all call me if you need anything.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Sir Slash

My Step-Daughter is 26, happily married to a great guy, and pregnant with her first child. I helped best with raising her right, as I do with most things, by staying out of the way. My Grandson I plan on ruining however.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

LongBlade

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 02, 2015, 10:30:27 PM
My Step-Daughter is 26, happily married to a great guy, and pregnant with her first child. I helped best with raising her right, as I do with most things, by staying out of the way. My Grandson I plan on ruining however.

Heh. Awesome.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Labbug

I have 28 year old daughter.  She got an English degree, worked a couple of years and now starts her last year of year of nursing school in the fall.  She is also planning a wedding in the fall of 2016.

LongBlade

So daughters *can* grow up and live happily ever after. Who knew?  :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Sir Slash

And they, unlike sons, move out of the house eventually.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 03, 2015, 12:47:09 PM
And they, unlike sons, move out of the house eventually.

If Moms would quit make food and doing laundry for them the boys would leave too.  ^-^

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on August 03, 2015, 05:37:49 PMIf Moms would quit make food and doing laundry for them the boys would leave too.  ^-^

says the guy with no kids...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 03, 2015, 05:40:25 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on August 03, 2015, 05:37:49 PMIf Moms would quit make food and doing laundry for them the boys would leave too.  ^-^

says the guy with no kids...

8)

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.