Star Wars: Battlefront new footage

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, June 15, 2015, 05:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek


mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

That ain't no frying pan he's waving around.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Indeed not. An astute observation there, bro.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Swatter

Ill be the only one to poop on this I guess. While the visuals are impressive, it looks just like Call of Duty in a Star Wars skin. I guess if that's your thing, this game will be up your alley. I couldn't imagine enjoying the game much after the graphics high was over in 45 minutes. I suppose if it turns out that the game has more to it than ganking people with your SMG... er, I mean blaster, I might consider it.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Star Wars geek. I just am tired of games that are visually impressive with gameplay that is less than impressive. I think it will just be a cash grab on an IP were people just don't exercise normal common sense or restraint. Anyway, it will have to be a good game to break my 7 year boycott of EA.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Swatter on August 07, 2015, 02:36:48 PM
Ill be the only one to poop on this I guess. While the visuals are impressive, it looks just like Call of Duty in a Star Wars skin. I guess if that's your thing, this game will be up your alley. I couldn't imagine enjoying the game much after the graphics high was over in 45 minutes. I suppose if it turns out that the game has more to it than ganking people with your SMG... er, I mean blaster, I might consider it.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Star Wars geek. I just am tired of games that are visually impressive with gameplay that is less than impressive. I think it will just be a cash grab on an IP were people just don't exercise normal common sense or restraint. Anyway, it will have to be a good game to break my 7 year boycott of EA.

Actually, it's more like Battlefield with a Star Wars skin, since all of the vehicles and aircraft can also be driven/flown by players.

Since I'm a BF fan, I'm probably all-in on this as well.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Arctic Blast on August 08, 2015, 06:09:55 PM
Quote from: Swatter on August 07, 2015, 02:36:48 PM
Ill be the only one to poop on this I guess. While the visuals are impressive, it looks just like Call of Duty in a Star Wars skin. I guess if that's your thing, this game will be up your alley. I couldn't imagine enjoying the game much after the graphics high was over in 45 minutes. I suppose if it turns out that the game has more to it than ganking people with your SMG... er, I mean blaster, I might consider it.

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge Star Wars geek. I just am tired of games that are visually impressive with gameplay that is less than impressive. I think it will just be a cash grab on an IP were people just don't exercise normal common sense or restraint. Anyway, it will have to be a good game to break my 7 year boycott of EA.

Actually, it's more like Battlefield with a Star Wars skin, since all of the vehicles and aircraft can also be driven/flown by players.

Since I'm a BF fan, I'm probably all-in on this as well.

What Arctic said. This looks nothing like call of duty. It's much more akin to the battlefield series. That being said, if those kind of shooters aren't your thing, no amount of Star Wars fluff will make you like it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Bison

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/GrogHeads

Yeah I'm making you go to our Twitter page to watch the video.  It's worth it.  Trust me.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I dunno.  Something about the movement seems off.  It's just not properly fluid.  It seems like there's no sense of mass or inertia to the ships.  They just instantly snap to their new heading and it looks like they are limited to one of eight directional input angles.  Up, up-right, right, down-right etc.

Jarhead0331

I seriously didn't know we had a twitter page and I'm one of the owners.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mirth

I don't care what game they've slapped a Star Wars skin on. If it's half as cool as it looks in the video, count me in.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

I know some of those combat action shots looked freaking bad ass.

mirth

Blowing up AT-ATs never gets old. Trust me, I've done it a few million times.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus