Ageod's Upcoming Napoleonic Game

Started by spelk, August 12, 2015, 09:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Rayfer

Nice screenies. Does it use the American Civil War 2 engine?

Jarhead0331

How does this differ from Ageod's other Napoleonic game?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


sandman2575

Hopefully this (like Civil War II) will have something more along the lines of a 'grand campaign' (or campaigns) that the original Napoleon's Campaigns lacked - ?  The only really big campaign in the original was the "Spanish Ulcer" campaign that I never really cared all that much about...

Hate the map font. Wish they'd just go back to the gorgeous design of the Nap's Campaigns map...

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 12, 2015, 10:27:50 AM
How does this differ from Ageod's other Napoleonic game?

  And how many times can we be expected to have any interest in 1805?  Why can't we ever see 1794 (the French successfully run a massive convoy from America and win big with balloons at Fleurus )or 1795 ( Archduke Charles' first campaign) or 1796 (Napoleon in Italy) 1797 (Royal Navy Mutinies)?  Just to name a few years that could be covered to add to the interest in the era.

tgb

Am I the only one sick and tired of the AGE engine?  There are some talented people at Ageod, but it's time to move on to something new.

Bison

This one is looking sexy!

JH I'm pretty sure the major change is the use of the new AGE engine like CW2 uses.  The original had some fairly serious issues that hopefully will be fixed with the upgraded engine.

Bison

Quote from: tgb on August 12, 2015, 10:55:32 AM
Am I the only one sick and tired of the AGE engine?  There are some talented people at Ageod, but it's time to move on to something new.

I don't know.  I really like the AGE engine.

MengJiao

Quote from: Bison on August 12, 2015, 10:57:18 AM
Quote from: tgb on August 12, 2015, 10:55:32 AM
Am I the only one sick and tired of the AGE engine?  There are some talented people at Ageod, but it's time to move on to something new.

I don't know.  I really like the AGE engine.

  It can definitely play a good game.  It's beating me up in RUS gold at the moment.

WallysWorld

I too still like the engine and will definitely be interested in this new game.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 12, 2015, 10:27:50 AM
How does this differ from Ageod's other Napoleonic game?

10% more Boney.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

PanzersEast

Quote from: tgb on August 12, 2015, 10:55:32 AM
Am I the only one sick and tired of the AGE engine?  There are some talented people at Ageod, but it's time to move on to something new.

Nope, sorry but I quit a long time ago around AJE.  Just not enough feedback to the commander and too hard to get information/feedback to make decisions.  I've passed on all since then..... 

PE

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 12, 2015, 10:27:50 AM
How does this differ from Ageod's other Napoleonic game?

This one goes to 11
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

panzerde

It would be great if it covered the 1796 Italian Campaign. As for 1805, I'm actually quite fond of that campaign if they could do it right. The implementation in the original game is pretty lacking. I'm also hoping for revised versions of the 1813 and 1814 campaigns.

The AGEOD engine works pretty well for wars of this era at this scale, IMHO. It's not bad for getting a reasonable overview of the campaigns as a whole, I find.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Father Ted