"Feeling Old" 2015 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 15, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Centurion40

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 14, 2015, 09:10:07 AM
Hurricane Charlie blew the roof off the Hurricane Evacuation Center where I live and it had to evacuated-- during the storm! Where do you evacuate to when the Evacuation Center is destroyed? I'm glad we didn't try going there--- to be safe.

:o :2funny:
Any time is a good time for pie.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Thin shell concrete domes are the way to go.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

LongBlade

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on August 14, 2015, 09:57:15 AM
Thin shell concrete domes are the way to go.

That's what Gus' barber says.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Mr. Bigglesworth on August 14, 2015, 09:57:15 AM
Thin shell concrete domes are the way to go.

For supporting nuclear bewbs?

GDS_Starfury

my junior high building was a Civil Defense certified fallout shelter.
with leaking roofs and a shoddy AC system....   ::)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

The above would be correct but I've cut my own hair for many years.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on August 14, 2015, 12:23:37 PM
The above would be correct but I've cut my own hair for many years.

But you're bald, aren't you?  ;D

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 14, 2015, 01:14:22 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 14, 2015, 12:23:37 PM
The above would be correct but I've cut my own hair for many years.

But you're bald, aren't you?  ;D

Just since he started cutting his own hair.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 14, 2015, 01:14:22 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 14, 2015, 12:23:37 PM
The above would be correct but I've cut my own hair for many years.

But you're bald, aren't you?  ;D

Ummm...that was kinda the joke.  ::)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Unfortunately only in the pate. I got tons of hair around and in the ears, in the nose, on my belly...etc. Gots to keep it fresh.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 14, 2015, 09:10:07 AM
Hurricane Charlie blew the roof off the Hurricane Evacuation Center where I live and it had to evacuated-- during the storm! Where do you evacuate to when the Evacuation Center is destroyed? I'm glad we didn't try going there--- to be safe.

I remember sitting in the hallway, mattresses at either end and enough water and canned goods to last us for a few days.  We had filled the bathtub with fresh water, too.  It was scary for a little will while it was overhead, but, we made out damage wise just fine.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

This year is the 40th Anniversary of Monty Python's Holy Grail
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Mr. Bigglesworth

I was going to put in that that is why Gus is so fast, the aerodynamic dome. Then he would run over here, kick me in the balls, then run home before dinner. So I left it out.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Why would I do that? I'm sure the shaved dome does not hurt my aerodynamics.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd