Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by steve58, June 01, 2015, 12:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

With Win 10, I can no longer either use emotes, format text or import pictures or youtube clips.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

let me see............

windows 8?

;D  :D  O0

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Supposedly the Simple Machines (forum software) folks are aware of the issue and working on a fix but it will be a while.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=539475.msg3834467#msg3834467

One of them mentioned trying Edge in IE11 mode:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=539475.msg3834493#msg3834493
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Microsoft wants you to give up emotion and join the collective.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 07, 2015, 07:03:02 AM
Supposedly the Simple Machines (forum software) folks are aware of the issue and working on a fix but it will be a while.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=539475.msg3834467#msg3834467

One of them mentioned trying Edge in IE11 mode:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=539475.msg3834493#msg3834493

Thanks Stagger.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

 :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Bill Gates is not amused.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Boggit

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 17, 2015, 04:33:04 PM
Sorry, I can't help it, I've gone a good few months without comment...

Enjoying your free spyware, everyone?

Quote from: steve58 on July 30, 2015, 12:41:38 PM
Now there are privacy/spying issues with Windows 10, but at least you can opt out...supposedly.

Yeah, they pinky swear to honour your settings.  Jeez.  This is the company that willingly divulged information on zero day vulns to the NSA to make it easier for you to be spied on.  I'm sure they'll disable all the Windows 10 spyware if you ask nicely.

Do yourself and your PC a favour...Install Linux Mint instead. ;)
I'm thinking about it, but so many of my game investment runs under Windows. Won't I be putting access to that software at risk by relying on Linux?

I can't say I'm finding Win 10 very attractive. So far Windows 7 has been fine (give or take a couple of issues) and I've reserved a free copy of Win 10. I'm not sure I want to install it yet, given what I'm reading.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Boggit on September 09, 2015, 05:35:01 PM
I'm thinking about it, but so many of my game investment runs under Windows. Won't I be putting access to that software at risk by relying on Linux?

Yep.  Not all games are Linux compatible.  However I have to say that more than half of my Steam library runs on Linux.  Unfortunately many, if not most, Groggy wargames don't bother to support Linux (damn you CMANO!).

If you can be arsed, you could always dual boot.  That's what I used to do - boot into Windows to play games, then boot into Linux for everything else.  I got tired of doing that though, so when I got my new PC earlier this year I only installed Linux on it.  There are a few games I miss, but I decided that the security and privacy considerations were more important.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Huw the Poo

I'm honestly not surprised.  What a miserable, shitty company.