Blood Bowl 2 Coming September 2015

Started by BanzaiCat, July 11, 2015, 12:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Although there's a tiny voice at the back of your mind saying later later later

You know it will be now!

tgb

It's Cyanide.  I wouldn't pre-order a Cyanide title if the bonus was hookers and blow.

Cyrano

The notion that I would not buy a BB game was absurd, so, well, I did...

I'm VERY, VERY, VERY early into this "final" BETA that they've released on Steam, but, my goodness, I'm having a good time.  Mind you, I'm already frustrated by what I'm sure will be the extorionate path they will take with DLC teams (I'm deeply bitter that my Bretonians are wait-listed for final release), but the gameplay is greatly streamlined, the graphics engine is a real joy, and the A.I. has clearly been bumped from where it was. 

Haven't tried any MP because my usual group is asleep, but the Men of the Verdant Bay are getting ready to fire out of the tunnel any time now...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

If BB2 is truly a superior product to all the BB1 iterations (Chaos, Legendary, etc. - and that's not a high bar to clear), I'll put it on my radar. But there's no way I'm paying full price for it. I'll wait for super sale.

Nefaro

Among the "new features" listed on their site is mention of each team having their own custom AI for utilizing their specific play style.

That's exactly what the original needed.  I'm still waiting to hear about how well that turned out, however.

Grim.Reaper

Well, I decided to purchase...this will be my first game of any Blood Bowl type so not sure how it will go...but intrigued enough to at least try....since it is pre-order, can return for a refund prior to the release anyway:)

tgb

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 13, 2015, 06:18:24 AM
Well, I decided to purchase...this will be my first game of any Blood Bowl type so not sure how it will go...but intrigued enough to at least try....since it is pre-order, can return for a refund prior to the release anyway:)

I think that once you've installed it, even betas are subject to the 2 weeks/2 hours limitation.  But it never hurts to try.  Steam customer service now looks at any refund request, and will agree if it's not too far outside of those parameters.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on September 13, 2015, 06:31:50 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 13, 2015, 06:18:24 AM
Well, I decided to purchase...this will be my first game of any Blood Bowl type so not sure how it will go...but intrigued enough to at least try....since it is pre-order, can return for a refund prior to the release anyway:)

I think that once you've installed it, even betas are subject to the 2 weeks/2 hours limitation.  But it never hurts to try.  Steam customer service now looks at any refund request, and will agree if it's not too far outside of those parameters.

According to their refund policy, looks like it is an option...I have done it in the past with another beta, without issues.

Refunds on Pre-Purchased Titles
When you pre-purchase a title on Steam (and have paid for the title in advance), you can request a refund at any time prior to release of that title. The standard 14-day/two-hour refund period also applies, starting on the game's release date.

FlickJax

Bought it god dammit ;)   No key yet bought through GMG with 25% discount code

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: FlickJax on September 13, 2015, 06:37:17 AM
Bought it god dammit ;)   No key yet bought through GMG with 25% discount code

Don't believe any of the cd key stores will be delivering the keys during the beta...at least all the ones I checked out, appears you have to but through Steam to get the beta,

Grim.Reaper

My first impressions after first match......boy, do I have a lot to learn....no idea what the heck I am doing:)

Lost 2-0 against the AI, couldn't do anything right, probably doesn't help that I know nothing about the rules and such...will have to search for a manual somewhere.  The graphics seem really nice and overall good environment (i.e. stadium, fans cheering, etc.) but I can see the cut scenes becoming repetitive even though they look good (appears to be options to reduce them).  User Interface seemed fine to me, could do what I wanted, I just didn't know what I wanted to do:)  Its interesting how the match is set for 16 turns (8 per half), kind of thinking scoring will always be low...not sure if there is a way to change the length or not yet, but maybe there is a good reason it is that short.

I'll have to learn more about this before I can really judge the gameplay, but certainly has garnered my attention...

KyzBP

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 13, 2015, 07:28:51 AM
My first impressions after first match......boy, do I have a lot to learn....no idea what the heck I am doing:)

Lost 2-0 against the AI, couldn't do anything right, probably doesn't help that I know nothing about the rules and such...will have to search for a manual somewhere.  The graphics seem really nice and overall good environment (i.e. stadium, fans cheering, etc.) but I can see the cut scenes becoming repetitive even though they look good (appears to be options to reduce them).  User Interface seemed fine to me, could do what I wanted, I just didn't know what I wanted to do:)  Its interesting how the match is set for 16 turns (8 per half), kind of thinking scoring will always be low...not sure if there is a way to change the length or not yet, but maybe there is a good reason it is that short.

I'll have to learn more about this before I can really judge the gameplay, but certainly has garnered my attention...

Here's a link to the Living Rule Book for Blood Bowl: http://www.bloodbowlonline.com/LivingRulebook5.pdf

Don't think of it as American Football.  The scores will reflect soccer more than any other sport and the game plays more like Rugby with forward passes. 

Once you get into a league you'll be glad the game is only 16 turns.  Depending on which team you choose, you'll be accumulating injured and dead players at an alarming rate.  Sometimes Turn 16 is the difference between limping away with your wounded to fight another day and having to start all over with a fresh team.

The game is an absolute blast.  I will guarantee, Grim, that if you give it enough time you'll fall in love with it.  Like I've said before, I've owned all the Cyanide versions of the game and haven't been disappointed. 

Now, if you enjoy the painting of miniatures and sitting face to face with an opponent then check out the table top version and blame me later for the totally unnecessary purchases you'll make because the miniatures are so darned cool.

Grim.Reaper

Thanks for the rulebook and I for sure will review....just curious though, any strategy guides exist for the PC version?  Something that would give hints/strategy on how to setup things and take advantage of your team's strength's/weakness?

KyzBP

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 13, 2015, 08:20:03 AM
Thanks for the rulebook and I for sure will review....just curious though, any strategy guides exist for the PC version?  Something that would give hints/strategy on how to setup things and take advantage of your team's strength's/weakness?

http://bbtactics.com/strategy/races/

The computer version plays exactly like the version so these strategies should be relevant.

tgb

In the original you could only save during a match against the AI when the ball turned over.  Does it work the same way here? 

(I can't believe my resolve is weakening)