Hey Little Monster, you know its FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, September 11, 2015, 05:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arctic Blast

Starting up a D&D 5th Edition campaign tomorrow night. My PC game backlog has grown to absurd levels...but with football starting up full bore on Sunday, I may not have much time to get to it.

Toonces

Typically when I have some scotch while gaming the only people that suffer are my poor little pixel soldiers.  But that damage isn't usually lasting...I can always revert to a save from before I started enjoying my drink(s).

Not so last night.  I was on an ARMA 3 KotH rampage last night, happily sipping my House of Stuart and ferrying folks around on my little bird helo.  But after getting shot down over and over, and maybe I had a few scotches? I got so pissed that I bought a third perk and perma-bought a Titan AA missile launcher.  That's about $150k worth of kit in about 15 seconds!  So now I am quite poor and filled with buyer's remorse in the cold hard morning of sobriety.   :-[

I did shoot down 3 enemy helos last night, with assorted troops.  That felt pretty good.   :P
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Lol, balls to remorse - that's some awesome chopper killer you have there - had a ride in one the other night and it scythed down the enemy helos

Jarhead0331

#33
Would you believe after all that, I ended playing Metal Gear Solid V the entire weekend? Despite all of my best plans, it is all I touched.

Seriously, MGSV is an outstanding game. It is all I think about. It is starting to upset my work schedule and family life. I sit around thinking about New mission strategies, better ways to plan insertions and egress, thinking about my next tech upgrades, mission load outs, organizing staff at mother base, etc. I mean, shit, the game models dirt and sweat when you're out in the field and if you don't shower when you return, you attract flies, have body odor, develop PTSD and nobody wants to talk to you. Come on, Kojima has thought of everything! And Quiet...oh my sweet quiet. What a great set of boobs!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


MengJiao

#34
Quote from: MengJiao on September 11, 2015, 09:13:42 AM
Quote from: tgb on September 11, 2015, 06:06:49 AM
I just started a new Long War campaign in XCOM:EW.  Also continuing on with Warhammer:Regicide and my Mori campaign in Nobunaga's Ambition.

  I may play some XCOM: Enemy Unknown since its free this weekend.

  Other than that, flight sims and Wing Leader

  And that's what happened!  Though the big surprise for me was that XCOM EU was so close to the original XCOM in so many ways, which is a very good thing.  When XCOM came out in (1994?) it was the right game at the right time for me.  This XCOM EU has better combat, but keeps the strategic incoherence of the original.  Which is fine with me.  The hokey blasting of odd aliens in a simplified tactical arena was what I always have enjoyed anyway.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 14, 2015, 07:07:00 AM
Would you believe after all that, I ended playing Metal Gear Solid V the entire weekend? Despite all of my best plans, it is all I touched.

Seriously, MGSV is an outstanding game. It is all I think about. It is starting to upset my work schedule and family life. I sit around thinking about New mission strategies, better ways to plan insertions and egress, thinking about my next tech upgrades, mission load outs, organizing staff at mother base, etc. I mean, shit, the game models dirt and sweat when you're out in the field and if you don't shower when you return, you attract flies, have body odor, develop PTSD and nobody wants to talk to you. Come on, Kojima has thought of everything! And Quiet...oh my sweet quiet. What a great set of boobs!

lol, i need a few days to get into it and i see no reason why i wont feel the same way about it that you do

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 14, 2015, 10:05:13 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 14, 2015, 07:07:00 AM
Would you believe after all that, I ended playing Metal Gear Solid V the entire weekend? Despite all of my best plans, it is all I touched.

Seriously, MGSV is an outstanding game. It is all I think about. It is starting to upset my work schedule and family life. I sit around thinking about New mission strategies, better ways to plan insertions and egress, thinking about my next tech upgrades, mission load outs, organizing staff at mother base, etc. I mean, shit, the game models dirt and sweat when you're out in the field and if you don't shower when you return, you attract flies, have body odor, develop PTSD and nobody wants to talk to you. Come on, Kojima has thought of everything! And Quiet...oh my sweet quiet. What a great set of boobs!

lol, i need a few days to get into it and i see no reason why i wont feel the same way about it that you do

It is the first game in a long time that has stripped my desire to touch anything else, in gaming and in life. I'm utterly hooked.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 14, 2015, 10:10:48 AM

It is the first game in a long time that has stripped my desire to touch anything else, in gaming and in life. I'm utterly hooked.

Just remember to drink some fluids every day or two, JH!

:D

Toonces

Man I wish a game hooked me like that.   :(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek


Toonces

Not like that.  ARMA 3 is more a game of convenience than anything else...something I can jump into and out of without burning too many brain cells.

I think the last game I really go completely immersed in was Skyrim a couple of years ago.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Skoop

I don't usually do AAA titles, but that's a serious claim by JH.  I may have to check this out, I didn't relize there was so much to MGSV.

MetalDog

Ended up with a Domination win on Monarch in Civ IV BtS.  It was a single player game on a Tiny map and I was Montezuma.  Isabella was ahead of me in tech, had more cities (barely) and declared war on Wang Kon and his vassal, Tokugawa.  Wang Kon came to me, hat in hand, and asked me to join the war.  I knew if I didn't, Izzy would roll Wang Kon and Tokugawa. 

Although Isabella had Tanks, Destroyers and Fighters, and all I had to counter was Infantry and the will to resist, fighting a war on two fronts kept her from concentrating on any of us.  The war dragged on so long that I was able to research up to even forces in the contest and started to churn out Tanks and Marines.  I was able to move, slowly but surely, taking Spanish cities until the turning point came.  I was outside Santander, which was the source of Isabella's only Oil.  I sent Cavalry to destroy the well and took Santander two turns later.

The loss of Oil left Izzy unable to build Tanks, Fighters or Destroyers.  That being the case, combined with my increased manufacturing capacity and up to date weaponry, it was just a matter of time.  The Domination win came with Isabella in possession of two of the thirteen cities started with.  And Wang Kon nor Tokugawa lost one city to her.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Rayfer

Quote from: MetalDog on September 14, 2015, 06:35:11 PM
Ended up with a Domination win on Monarch in Civ IV BtS.  It was a single player game on a Tiny map and I was Montezuma.  Isabella was ahead of me in tech, had more cities (barely) and declared war on Wang Kon and his vassal, Tokugawa.  Wang Kon came to me, hat in hand, and asked me to join the war.  I knew if I didn't, Izzy would roll Wang Kon and Tokugawa. 

Although Isabella had Tanks, Destroyers and Fighters, and all I had to counter was Infantry and the will to resist, fighting a war on two fronts kept her from concentrating on any of us.  The war dragged on so long that I was able to research up to even forces in the contest and started to churn out Tanks and Marines.  I was able to move, slowly but surely, taking Spanish cities until the turning point came.  I was outside Santander, which was the source of Isabella's only Oil.  I sent Cavalry to destroy the well and took Santander two turns later.

The loss of Oil left Izzy unable to build Tanks, Fighters or Destroyers.  That being the case, combined with my increased manufacturing capacity and up to date weaponry, it was just a matter of time.  The Domination win came with Isabella in possession of two of the thirteen cities started with.  And Wang Kon nor Tokugawa lost one city to her.

Nice abbreviated AAR MD....I think I liked Civ. 4 better than 5, though I haven't played it in a long time. I'm resisting the temptation to re-download it!

MetalDog

Thank you, sir.  4 is my all time favorite game.  You should re-download it ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob