New expansion to Matrix's Command: Modern Naval /Air Operations

Started by RyanE, September 16, 2015, 02:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Jarhead0331

This is largely going to depend on price for me.

Honestly, the editor is so robust and there have been so many excellent scenarios released that I see no reason to buy a paid expansion that simply adds more scenarios, without adding something else or building upon the existing game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Rayfer

The Matrix site says it's a stand alone expansion set in 1975. +1 what JH wrote.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DoctorQuest

Quote from: mirth on September 16, 2015, 02:51:34 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 16, 2015, 02:50:01 PM
The Matrix site says it's a stand alone expansion set in 1975. +1 what JH wrote.

+2

+3.

I see a trend.

Now.....maybe there is one and I don't know about it but give me a WWII expansion and we might have a deal.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Asid

Quote from: Rayfer on September 16, 2015, 02:50:01 PM
The Matrix site says it's a stand alone expansion set in 1975.

If you already have CMANO it will act as DLC.

Perhaps this expansion is limited by license. So if you want the full package then pay and get the license. We will see soon enough.  The licensing has changed. Maybe for this reason.

As usual...Matrix has no price listed  ::)

Oh agree with JH about the editor.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Nefaro

So... this "DLC" is a whole standalone re-release?

I understand previous owners will get a discount, thus putting this in the realm of DLC/expansion.  Hopefully with a DLC price.

However, I'm wondering two things right now:

1) Will those of us who don't buy this "DLC" still have their original $80 CMANO program updated?  Or will we be forced to purchase this new standalone, discount or no, in order to receive future updates? 

Because if it's a new standalone CMANO, I get the feeling the original CMANO version will be left as is.

2) If #1 turns out as feared, will this be common practice every time a new expansion is added? 


I kept the original high-priced title in the hopes that extensive updates & (notably) UI improvements would be continually added while I let it simmer on my digital shelf.  I'd like to see it mature some more, but the above gives me cause for concern.



Asid

Quote from: Nefaro on September 16, 2015, 04:13:22 PM
So.. this "DLC" is a whole standalone re-release?


I believe If you do not own CMANO then it is stand-alone.

If you own CMANO it installs as DLC



Quote from: Nefaro on September 16, 2015, 04:13:22 PM
1) Will those of us who don't buy this "DLC" still have their original $80 CMANO program updated?  Or will we be forced to purchase this new standalone, discount or no, in order to receive future updates? 


I believe the updates will continue for CMANO as it is the "main" programme. The engine if you will.

Quote from: Nefaro on September 16, 2015, 04:13:22 PM
2) If #1 turns out as feared, will this be common practice every time a new expansion is added? 


I think they may be testing the water  ::)


The standalone expansion might not include the full CMANO. Not enough details. A price might be an indicator but being Matrix that is not published until it's for sale  ???

This is what I believe. We have a member of DOW that is on the BETA but NDA.... Anyway I have asked him to register here :)

Hope it is helpful

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Rayfer

Perhaps I assumed wrongly....that this stand alone expansion did not include the full original game.  Or does it?

renders

it's very early to say anything, in my opinion, the engine will be the same, but DLC scenarios will be the only one loadable and licensed in DLC standalone version, while a whole CMANO install without DLC will not be able to open the DLC scenarios. if you will have both, you will be able to open all the scenarios, standalone full, standalone DLC, and Community based from the same platform.
I reccomend caution in the reactions, given that nothing has been clarified from the devs.
For what is regarding updates, and knowing the devs, i'd say updates will NEVER be a problem, since devs are present and always working for us very actively.

spelk

Quote from: Rayfer on September 16, 2015, 04:30:40 PM
Perhaps I assumed wrongly....that this stand alone expansion did not include the full original game.  Or does it?

I think its a stand-alone product. It will have the CMANO engine, but not the original scenarios. This isn't a "top up", its more a separate product. Like CMANO 1.5. If that makes any sense.

Asid

Quote from: spelk on September 16, 2015, 05:22:16 PM
I think its a stand-alone product. It will have the CMANO engine, but not the original scenarios. This isn't a "top up", its more a separate product. Like CMANO 1.5. If that makes any sense.

It is stand-alone. However if installed with an existing CMANO install then it behaves as DLC.

Licensing may restrict use of all features (CMANO scenarios etc.) when installed as stand-alone.

We will find out soon enough.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Asid

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

mikeck

I don't know...sounds cool. It says it is a 25 scenario campaign; so if it is dynamic in that you carry your forces from scenario to scenario with all damage and supplies, I'm in.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson