It's Friday my nutty, groggy pals...

Started by JudgeDredd, September 18, 2015, 12:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

I wanted to start this one because I won't be playing any games.

Why? Well, the time has come for my eldest daughter to leave home. She's going to university. Not a million miles away admittedly - to Sheffield which is about 200 miles away (4 hours) - but there's going to be a huge hole in the house!

I was trying to find a song that would say goodbye to her and all that she brought to our lives, but the songs I was finding were about boys and girls breaking up.

In the end I choose this because she sang in a local church choir every Friday and we used to bang this out together in the car driving home.

Goodbye Megan

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Kushan

Not sure how much gaming time I'm going to have. Been dealing with a cold the last few days. On top of trying to recover I'll need to be getting ready to leave for a week long vacation on Tuesday.

Whatever gaming time I do manage to find will probably be split between CMANO and Crusader Kings 2. I have a CMANO scenario I am trying to finish up before I leave. I really want to be able to play it while I'm on the plane next week. Couple of other scenarios I have some research for that I'd like to finish up as well.

Still playing my Kingdom of Burgundy game in CK2. I have about 100 years left to go. My expansion has really slowed down. I hold all of the Burgundy area of France,, Switzerland, and a couple of provinces in Lombardy. I also have couple of provinces in Austria and Germany where I inherited the vassals of Dukes who had died. The Holy Roman Empire has been converted to a hereditary monarchy so I don't stand a chance at being elected emperor. I have a couple of more de jure provinces in France and Aquitaine I'd like to pick off but for the most part I'm just going to try and hold what I have and continue the conquest of Europe when I convert the save to EUIV.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

undercovergeek

JD there's an Abba song my ex plays on the first day of term about packing school bags and watching her leave - forget it's name but it's a tear jerker

I feel or you - mines only 8 and taking her to class every morning feels like leaving a little piece of me behind - God knows how horrible this day will be - big man hugs, safe journey and drink like a Scotsman when you get back

I'll be playing arma 3 and mgs 5 and WitP pbems

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 18, 2015, 02:23:45 AM
JD there's an Abba song my ex plays on the first day of term about packing school bags and watching her leave - forget it's name but it's a tear jerker

I feel or you - mines only 8 and taking her to class every morning feels like leaving a little piece of me behind - God knows how horrible this day will be - big man hugs, safe journey and drink like a Scotsman when you get back

I'll be playing arma 3 and mgs 5 and WitP pbems
oh yeah - it was in that film Mamma Mia  :'(
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

chemkid

Nobunobu - The Ambition.  :buck2: all weekend long!! thanks for the heads-up on this game.

cheers!

Jarhead0331

#5
I can't imagine what it will feel like when my little girl grows up and leaves the nest. It's going to suck, but I suppose I'll try to look at it not as a goodbye, but just a new chapter in our lives. I'm sure you and  Mrs. JD did a good enough job to where she will come back from time to time! Chin-up!

I, on the other hand, am going to switch "gears" this week and play metal gear solid V instead of metal gear solid V. Still loving the game.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


tgb

Battle of the Bulge and Ortus Regni for sure, and, if it finally got fixed, Armello.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2015, 05:41:51 AM
I can't imagine what it will feel like when my little girl grows up and leaves the nest. It's going to suck, but I suppose I'll try to look at it not as a goodbye, but just a new chapter in our lives. I'm sure you and  Mrs. JD did a good enough job to where she will come back from time to time! Chin-up!

I, on the other hand, am going to switch "gears" this week and play metal gear solid V instead of metal gear solid V. Still loving the game.



i have 1% under my belt, cleared the first outpost area, then the guard section in the road, and am now tip toeing towards the hillside base with the AAA cannon pointing right at me

i wanted to be all peace loving but cant resist killing the baddies - i cleared the first area, got the intel on where miller was and could have gotten out without anyone knowing i was there, but then went back and killed everyone before the guard changed - currently the river has 8 bodies in it

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2015, 05:41:51 AM
I can't imagine what it will feel like when my little girl grows up and leaves the nest. It's going to suck, but I suppose I'll try to look at it not as a goodbye, but just a new chapter in our lives. I'm sure you and  Mrs. JD did a good enough job to where she will come back from time to time! Chin-up!

I, on the other hand, am going to switch "gears" this week and play metal gear solid V instead of metal gear solid V. Still loving the game.


Yeah - it's a new chapter for us all. We've been subconsciously preparing for it for over a year - but it hit home this morning.

And thank you. I do think we've done a good job. She's a beautiful, young, intelligent and compassionate individual. I think she's well rounded.

Damn - with the "...huge hole in the house" and "...she's well rounded" she'd be pissed at me making people think she's overweight!

This is her on her way to some fancy party - to prove she ain't heavy - she's ma daughter!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Anguille

i feel for you JD...wish you courage. Can't imagine yet how hard it's going to be when my children will leave.                                                                               

BanzaiCat

JD, my son is two years away from college and my daughter, four years away...it's going to hit us hard here in a few years to lose one and then the other in quick succession. It really sucks to get old.

Especially going to be a pain because my mother in law lives with us...seriously considering an ultimatum if she's still around in four years. It'll either be a retirement home or me taking another path when we hit that fork in the road. I am NOT having an empty nest with her around.

In any case...hey, games, amirite?

I have to get back to both of my AARs (Pool of Radiance and Hapsburg Eclipse)...this week has been insane with work. That's probably it though I've been wanting to get back to both Apotheon and The Fall, both surprisingly fun games.


Barthheart

This weekend it's more VASSAL work.

Followed by some Wing Leader PBEM with SDR.

And finally getting Halo Fleet Battles: Fall of Reach on the table.  O0

Some CKII, WoT, and Kerbal Space is I can find the time....

steve58

Any game time for me this weekend will be on the high seas playing World of Warships hopefully doing my bit for the Green Team sinking Red ships and not being sunk.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Dammit Carl!

Still stuck in my World of Tanks frame of mind - I'm going to have a Tier 10 at some point in my life even if it kills me (and honestly, running up the Soviet Heavy lines, I'm only 2-3 Tiers away from topping out in both so I'm not starting at zero thankfully). 

Corn liquor will be involved to help ease the pain, though.




Gusington

How can I concentrate on games when there's only ten years left til both my daugthers go to school? Sunrise, sunset, byotches. And without sounding too crass, JD how can your daughter ever think she's fat??

Anyway, more Dragon Age Inquisition and perhaps some Pillars of Eternity.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd