It's Friday my nutty, groggy pals...

Started by JudgeDredd, September 18, 2015, 12:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 18, 2015, 05:45:07 AM

i have 1% under my belt, cleared the first outpost area, then the guard section in the road, and am now tip toeing towards the hillside base with the AAA cannon pointing right at me

i wanted to be all peace loving but cant resist killing the baddies - i cleared the first area, got the intel on where miller was and could have gotten out without anyone knowing i was there, but then went back and killed everyone before the guard changed - currently the river has 8 bodies in it

I'm at 10% and have at a minimum, 20 hours into it. The game really opens up once you rescue Miller. Keep playing. By the time you unlock missions 7 through 11, there will be so much for you to do and so many weapons, equipment and tools to bring on missions that you really have so many options in how you go about completing your objectives. Once I get a few more unlocks, I'm going to start replaying some of the older missions so I can more easily complete all of the objectives, or try out different strategies I've been wondering about in my head.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Asid

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 12:45:24 AM
Why? Well, the time has come for my eldest daughter to leave home. She's going to university. Not a million miles away admittedly - to Sheffield which is about 200 miles away (4 hours) - but there's going to be a huge hole in the house!


JD she will always be your little girl :)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on September 18, 2015, 07:56:56 AM
How can I concentrate on games when there's only ten years left til both my daugthers go to school? Sunrise, sunset, byotches. And without sounding too crass, JD how can your daughter ever think she's fat??

Anyway, more Dragon Age Inquisition and perhaps some Pillars of Eternity.

My kids are so small, I'm just glad when they go to sleep.  And then I will play XCOM and Wing Leader!

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2015, 08:21:48 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 18, 2015, 05:45:07 AM

i have 1% under my belt, cleared the first outpost area, then the guard section in the road, and am now tip toeing towards the hillside base with the AAA cannon pointing right at me

i wanted to be all peace loving but cant resist killing the baddies - i cleared the first area, got the intel on where miller was and could have gotten out without anyone knowing i was there, but then went back and killed everyone before the guard changed - currently the river has 8 bodies in it

I'm at 10% and have at a minimum, 20 hours into it. The game really opens up once you rescue Miller. Keep playing. By the time you unlock missions 7 through 11, there will be so much for you to do and so many weapons, equipment and tools to bring on missions that you really have so many options in how you go about completing your objectives. Once I get a few more unlocks, I'm going to start replaying some of the older missions so I can more easily complete all of the objectives, or try out different strategies I've been wondering about in my head.

O0

looking forward to it - are you killing and maiming or getting in and out without anyone knowing

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on September 18, 2015, 07:56:56 AM
How can I concentrate on games when there's only ten years left til both my daugthers go to school? Sunrise, sunset, byotches. And without sounding too crass, JD how can your daughter ever think she's fat??

Anyway, more Dragon Age Inquisition and perhaps some Pillars of Eternity.

shes 45 mins drive from me - ill keep my eye on her  ???

someone has to

Shelldrake

More World of Warships for me and hope to check out Mechs & Mercs which I just purchased.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

JudgeDredd

@UGC - lol - thanks  O0

Where do you live? Town/city - I'm not being creepy!  :2funny:

By the way, I'm about 5 or 6% in to Metal Gear Solid V and I've got over 30 hours I think.

The reason I didn't fire MGSV up all week was because - it does take me a while to complete a mission. I try to do them all silently so I spend a load of time watching patterns so see where I can catch a guard on his own. So - that's why I haven't played all week
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 18, 2015, 08:57:45 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2015, 08:21:48 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 18, 2015, 05:45:07 AM

i have 1% under my belt, cleared the first outpost area, then the guard section in the road, and am now tip toeing towards the hillside base with the AAA cannon pointing right at me

i wanted to be all peace loving but cant resist killing the baddies - i cleared the first area, got the intel on where miller was and could have gotten out without anyone knowing i was there, but then went back and killed everyone before the guard changed - currently the river has 8 bodies in it

I'm at 10% and have at a minimum, 20 hours into it. The game really opens up once you rescue Miller. Keep playing. By the time you unlock missions 7 through 11, there will be so much for you to do and so many weapons, equipment and tools to bring on missions that you really have so many options in how you go about completing your objectives. Once I get a few more unlocks, I'm going to start replaying some of the older missions so I can more easily complete all of the objectives, or try out different strategies I've been wondering about in my head.

O0

looking forward to it - are you killing and maiming or getting in and out without anyone knowing

A little bit of both. I try to analyze every enemy soldier to see their skills. I fulton extract the good ones and kill the ones who I have no use for. I always try to infiltrate and take down as many enemy as possible quietly, but as my weapons get more capable, I am getting less afraid to engage in protracted firefights.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

World Of Warships, likely with some of you fellow Groginati.

I'm a bit amazed at how WoWS has held my attention for more than two months straight.  That says something, I just don't know what (or whether it's about me!).

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2015, 09:06:17 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 18, 2015, 08:57:45 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2015, 08:21:48 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on September 18, 2015, 05:45:07 AM

i have 1% under my belt, cleared the first outpost area, then the guard section in the road, and am now tip toeing towards the hillside base with the AAA cannon pointing right at me

i wanted to be all peace loving but cant resist killing the baddies - i cleared the first area, got the intel on where miller was and could have gotten out without anyone knowing i was there, but then went back and killed everyone before the guard changed - currently the river has 8 bodies in it

I'm at 10% and have at a minimum, 20 hours into it. The game really opens up once you rescue Miller. Keep playing. By the time you unlock missions 7 through 11, there will be so much for you to do and so many weapons, equipment and tools to bring on missions that you really have so many options in how you go about completing your objectives. Once I get a few more unlocks, I'm going to start replaying some of the older missions so I can more easily complete all of the objectives, or try out different strategies I've been wondering about in my head.

O0

looking forward to it - are you killing and maiming or getting in and out without anyone knowing

A little bit of both. I try to analyze every enemy soldier to see their skills. I fulton extract the good ones and kill the ones who I have no use for. I always try to infiltrate and take down as many enemy as possible quietly, but as my weapons get more capable, I am getting less afraid to engage in protracted firefights.
The fight scenes when they go loud are quite intense. I'm slightly disappointed with the number of hits I can take - but not to distract from the fun when it does go noisy.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Sir Slash

Damn Dredd! No wonder you're missing her already. She's gorgeous. You could always go with her. Why not go back to school and learn something new? But probably, she'll be back before you know it maybe with a Grog-Worthy boyfriend. Take it from me, kids are like boomerangs. They come back.
   
  Gaming will be limited for me as this is the Anniversary weekend and so I got to do Anniversary stuff. Fortunately, my wife gets tired of me more quickly than she used to, just like everybody else these days, so I'll do some CM Market-Garden and some Pillars of Eternity when I'm not drooling over Dredd's daughter's pic. Why don't we have a Drooling Emote?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2015, 09:06:17 AM
I fulton extract the good ones and kill the ones who I have no use for.

:D  wha?? you can extract people for your own nefarious deeds?

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 18, 2015, 09:48:35 AM
Why don't we have a Drooling Emote?

just picture Mirth or Star

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 18, 2015, 11:25:15 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2015, 09:06:17 AM
I fulton extract the good ones and kill the ones who I have no use for.

:D  wha?? you can extract people for your own nefarious deeds?

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 18, 2015, 09:48:35 AM
Why don't we have a Drooling Emote?

just picture Mirth or Star

Yep...people, and goats.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

why do i not have these balloons???  :o

Dammit Carl!

Wee bit of the creepy there, Sir Slash... ???