It's Friday my nutty, groggy pals...

Started by JudgeDredd, September 18, 2015, 12:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 18, 2015, 12:11:36 PM
why do i not have these balloons???  :o
You get them I think after you've finished your first proper mission (after Miller I think)

Also don't waste them trying to pick up mortars or gun emplacements or containers. You need an upgrade to be able to pick up weapons and you need a further upgrade to pick up vehicles and containers.

And every time you use one, it's costs you - hence my tip not to waste them. To be fair to the game, although the Fulton system shows with anything you can pick up, I think there's a red marker which suggests you won't be able to pick that up.

You need an interpreter (which again I think is your first mission) so you can question guards and find out where the goodies are without having to look for them. When the guard tells you, they show on your map.

You'll also want to upgrade your telescope (or bino's) so that you can see a soldiers stats...that way you can be picky about who you pick up and send back to base after stunning and who you can just kill and dump in the river.

Hope that helps.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Airborne Rifles

CMANO for me, as per usual. Starting NF5: Bardufoss Blues. Another AAR to come from that as well.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 12:40:03 PM

And every time you use one, it's costs you - hence my tip not to waste them. To be fair to the game, although the Fulton system shows with anything you can pick up, I think there's a red marker which suggests you won't be able to pick that up.

The cost for extracting a soldier is only $300 GMP, so I'm never too judicious or frugal in their use. There is actually a percentage showing the chance of extraction. Under ideal conditions, it will read 100%. However, if the soldier is wounded, or if there is poor weather, I have seen the chance of success as low as 30%. If you do not have a clear line of sight to the sky, or if the object is too heavy for your level of fulton device, it will read 0% in red.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bbmike

Nice fall weather this weekend so it'll be hard to stay indoors. I'll play 7 Days to Die and/or Empyrion - Galactic Survival if anything. I'm really liking these survival/craft games for some reason.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2015, 01:04:26 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 12:40:03 PM

And every time you use one, it's costs you - hence my tip not to waste them. To be fair to the game, although the Fulton system shows with anything you can pick up, I think there's a red marker which suggests you won't be able to pick that up.

The cost for extracting a soldier is only $300 GMP, so I'm never too judicious or frugal in their use. There is actually a percentage showing the chance of extraction. Under ideal conditions, it will read 100%. However, if the soldier is wounded, or if there is poor weather, I have seen the chance of success as low as 30%. If you do not have a clear line of sight to the sky, or if the object is too heavy for your level of fulton device, it will read 0% in red.
There you go - 0% if it's too heavy.

I had a wounded soldier die when I used the fulton. I did also send one back who was wounded and he survived.

There's no point in shipping every soldier back from what I gather. I have 30 odd soldiers in the "waiting room" or whatever it's called. I've started only shipping someone back if they have a B rating on something. But yeah - the cost isn't of concern.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 01:15:25 PM

There's no point in shipping every soldier back from what I gather. I have 30 odd soldiers in the "waiting room" or whatever it's called. I've started only shipping someone back if they have a B rating on something. But yeah - the cost isn't of concern.

Right, that's why I said I scan as many of them as I can, kill the ones who are useless and extract the ones who are talented and possess special skills.

How big is your Mother Base so far? I have two command platforms, two R&D platforms, two Support platforms, an intel platform, a medical platform, a combat unit platform and the platform that serves as a conservatory or zoo for the animals that you extract.  I'm still short of space and need to expand! 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2015, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 01:15:25 PM

There's no point in shipping every soldier back from what I gather. I have 30 odd soldiers in the "waiting room" or whatever it's called. I've started only shipping someone back if they have a B rating on something. But yeah - the cost isn't of concern.

Right, that's why I said I scan as many of them as I can, kill the ones who are useless and extract the ones who are talented and possess special skills.

How big is your Mother Base so far? I have two command platforms, two R&D platforms, two Support platforms, an intel platform, a medical platform, a combat unit platform and the platform that serves as a conservatory or zoo for the animals that you extract.  I'm still short of space and need to expand!
Got ya.

I haven't seen how to increase my motherbase yet. I don't know if I'm far enough in or at a required level. I haven't looked much into it tbh. After the first main mission, I've been doing side missions.

Talking of animals, I did put some cages (for catching small mammals) around prior to a mission, did the mission and was notified that I had caught 3 animals...pretty cool feature.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 01:26:28 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 18, 2015, 01:20:10 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 01:15:25 PM

There's no point in shipping every soldier back from what I gather. I have 30 odd soldiers in the "waiting room" or whatever it's called. I've started only shipping someone back if they have a B rating on something. But yeah - the cost isn't of concern.

Right, that's why I said I scan as many of them as I can, kill the ones who are useless and extract the ones who are talented and possess special skills.

How big is your Mother Base so far? I have two command platforms, two R&D platforms, two Support platforms, an intel platform, a medical platform, a combat unit platform and the platform that serves as a conservatory or zoo for the animals that you extract.  I'm still short of space and need to expand!
Got ya.

I haven't seen how to increase my motherbase yet. I don't know if I'm far enough in or at a required level. I haven't looked much into it tbh. After the first main mission, I've been doing side missions.

Talking of animals, I did put some cages (for catching small mammals) around prior to a mission, did the mission and was notified that I had caught 3 animals...pretty cool feature.

holy cow! You've played for over 30 hours and haven't gotten to the point where you can start making additions to the base?!?!? Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnn! You need to start playing those story missions, they lead to some of the best unlocks. I do a lot of the side missions too, but I've also done about 10 of the story missions. You won't get D-Dog, Quiet, the Walker and a lot of the other additions unless you play them.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

lol

I will do so. I just looked after completing a side mission and there was another...so I did it...then there was another...so I did it...and so on and so on!

32 hours in 1 main mission down (maybe 2 - can't remember) and umpteen side missions

I'm on main missions next week. Just got to get the weekend over with.  :(

I so want Quiet  :-[
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 01:36:20 PM

I so want Quiet  :-[

You won't get her until after you play mission 14, I believe.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

sandman2575

Quote from: MengJiao on September 18, 2015, 08:38:41 AM
My kids are so small, I'm just glad when they go to sleep.

+1   College still a long way off for my tykes -- still, can see how that's a bittersweet moment, JD. Treat yourself to a bottle of 12-year Talisker. If she's made it to college, that's a job well done on your and Mrs. JD's part.    O0

In a bit of a gaming funk at the moment. Nothing really holding my attention... May just resort to some Combat Mission, per usual...

Cyrano

w1815 has arrived so will likely play a lot of that.  Games are said to last ca. 15 minutes making lots of plays more likely.

Finish up multiple plays of Modern Land Battles for the review.

PBEM Campaign Waterloo...first day is almost done...couple good scraps already...

PBEM CM:AK...the old girl really does still have legs...wobbly though they may be...

My "Wing Leader" arrives on Saturday (punch in the face for Vance) so more rules to read.

Hotseat Blood Bowl 2 with my son.  So far, I am really, really, enjoying the BETA...and wondering how they'll manage to screw up the final release...



Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart

Quote from: Cyrano on September 18, 2015, 03:48:39 PM
...
My "Wing Leader" arrives on Saturday (punch in the face for Vance) so more rules to read.
...

:D Yer welcome!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Barthheart on September 18, 2015, 04:31:41 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on September 18, 2015, 03:48:39 PM
...
My "Wing Leader" arrives on Saturday (punch in the face for Vance) so more rules to read.
...

:D Yer welcome!
I've been thinking about picking this up
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people