It's Friday my nutty, groggy pals...

Started by JudgeDredd, September 18, 2015, 12:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 04:32:52 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 18, 2015, 04:31:41 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on September 18, 2015, 03:48:39 PM
...
My "Wing Leader" arrives on Saturday (punch in the face for Vance) so more rules to read.
...

:D Yer welcome!
I've been thinking about picking this up

DO IT!
O0

JudgeDredd

I got to check single player suitability and AARs
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 04:36:34 PM
I got to check single player suitability and AARs

Very solo friendly. Especially to learn the game. There is no hidden info to worry about. All you have to do is play each side as well as you can. The first few scenarios are for learning and feature few desicsions points. This is on purpose. Once you get to the later scenarios, there are 24 in the game and already more free ones released, they are lots of desicsions to make.

Look at SDR and mine AAR in the boardgame section.

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 04:32:52 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 18, 2015, 04:31:41 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on September 18, 2015, 03:48:39 PM
...
My "Wing Leader" arrives on Saturday (punch in the face for Vance) so more rules to read.
...

:D Yer welcome!
I've been thinking about picking this up

I have too, but still haven't brought two or three other air warfare games, created by same guy, to the table yet.  There is a point where I have to stop buying and try to catch up.  :-\ 

Plus.. if they release Cactus Air Force in the next year, that is definitely going to make the pile larger too.

panzerde

Aside from the EPIC Waterloo game Jim and I have going, I need to get NBS Marengo on the table. I'm playing through NBS Montebello to get my head around the rules before tacking something larger. Crisis on the Right from White Dog Games also arrived this week and I'd like to give that a try, so probably mostly board gaming this weekend.

Need to persuade Jeep Killer to try some more Scourge of War: Waterloo co-op though, and maybe a game of JTS Panzer Battles to get ready for the release of the new West Front game soon.

Finally broke down and bought Witcher 3 and that's become my "play this when you don't have the mental energy to play anything else." I know it''s somewhat un-Geralt like, but I'm becoming quite good at riding down and cutting up enemies while on horseback.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

panzerde

Oh, and JD, they do come back. Frequently. If for no other reason to use the washing machine and cage a free meal. And they bring their dogs and dead beat boyfriends.  ;D
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Wolfe1759

Mainly watching the Rugby World Cup - Come on Ireland

However just picked up Battle of the Bulge which looks like a very nice boardgamey type game and I'll probably also have a go at How to Survive or The Walking Dead as I've just started watching The Walking Dead (late to the party I know!) or maybe a bit more of CiV, GalCiv III, Thirty Years War or Pike and Shot - indecision is rife  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Dammit Carl!

I'm looking forward to the release of Tiller's Campaign series (a tweak or re-tweak or whatever; its new) that focuses on Middle-Eastern conflicts in just a matter of days.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/582/details/The.Campaign.Series:.Middle.East.1948-1985

Can't wait, I tells ya.

While I've went and re-bought the newer version so I can play the newest and bestest version, I do miss the opening music and videos....if they would only redo Age of Rifles at some point, I would die a happy man.   

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on September 18, 2015, 05:28:15 PM
Mainly watching the Rugby World Cup - Come on Ireland

However just picked up Battle of the Bulge which looks like a very nice boardgamey type game and I'll probably also have a go at How to Survive or The Walking Dead as I've just started watching The Walking Dead (late to the party I know!) or maybe a bit more of CiV, GalCiv III, Thirty Years War or Pike and Shot - indecision is rife  :)

Lol late to the party...I'd say

We really like The Walking Dead...it's a great series
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Wolfe1759

#55
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 18, 2015, 05:32:27 PM
Quote from: Wolfe1759 on September 18, 2015, 05:28:15 PM
Mainly watching the Rugby World Cup - Come on Ireland

However just picked up Battle of the Bulge which looks like a very nice boardgamey type game and I'll probably also have a go at How to Survive or The Walking Dead as I've just started watching The Walking Dead (late to the party I know!) or maybe a bit more of CiV, GalCiv III, Thirty Years War or Pike and Shot - indecision is rife  :)

Lol late to the party...I'd say

We really like The Walking Dead...it's a great series

:)

Just about to press buy on Dead Island Collection on Steam with an 80% discount - worth it for someone who is crap at FPS and only plays single player?

Academic question now - just bought it  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Dimitris

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on September 18, 2015, 12:59:44 PM
CMANO for me, as per usual. Starting NF5: Bardufoss Blues. Another AAR to come from that as well.
Waiting!
Command: Modern Operations
https://command.matrixgames.com/

Toonces

Heh.  I guess I'm the only one counting down the days until my kids leave home.   :buck2:

Anyway, I already logged a few hours of ARMA 3 on KotH tonight.  Nothing really remarkable, sort of...hard to articulate...the gameplay was kind of stale.  Lacked that sense of urgency that comes from a good fight.  I bailed out finally as I realized I just wasn't having a lot of fun.

After checking in here I think I'm going to fire up Scourge of War and get my Gettysburg on for a while.  Some sandbox Corps v Corps perhaps.

I am also strongly considering firing up either Rome 2 or Combat Mission Black Sea.

I would like to round out the weekend by seeing if Freefalcon will install on Windows 10.  If so I might try to rebuild my old install of that and install some of my old campaigns.  We'll see.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Whelp it was more ARMA 3 KotH so far today.  I'm tiring of the gameplay where the jets are doing whack-a-mole on the helos coming out of spawns. 

I'm in a modern shooty-shooty mood so I'm thinking of firing up Operation Flashpoint while I re-download SABOW from Gamersgate.  Not sure if I'm up to the challenge of patching that bad boy up today, though.   ::)

Or maybe I'll work on the ARMA 2 campaigns some more.  Not sure.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tuna

Wife is out scrapbooking.. I am home World of Warshipping!!!!.. Might have to peel myself away for a bike ride, get a workout to keep the old ticker working!