Graviteam's Steel Armor Blaze of War returns

Started by Krabb, March 02, 2015, 10:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

Quote from: Asid on September 09, 2015, 07:34:54 PMThe Dev's have done an excellent job modelling the M60 & T34. All of the positions are available.

Asid

Hi Jomni

Thanks for the find. I had been looking at your reply to to "Pontoon" post prior to making this post. You mentioned the T34 there lol.

You should join us on-line again my friend :)

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Rayfer

Quote from: WallysWorld on September 10, 2015, 12:04:11 PM
JC has posted a SABOW video on his excellent blog: http://kriegsimulation.blogspot.ca/2015/09/steel-armor-blaze-of-war-short-video.html

Nice vid WW...thanks, and I added the site to my favorites to check out later. Seemed like the Russian made tank's gun elevated way up after each shot. Even the narrator comments on this during the video. Why is that, is supposed to happen? I've only dabbled in tank sims, mostly WW2, so this is new to me.

JudgeDredd

Isn't that to do with the auto-loader? Or am I a generation early?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Asid

Quote from: Rayfer on September 11, 2015, 09:29:47 AM
Nice vid WW...thanks, and I added the site to my favorites to check out later. Seemed like the Russian made tank's gun elevated way up after each shot. Even the narrator comments on this during the video. Why is that, is supposed to happen? I've only dabbled in tank sims, mostly WW2, so this is new to me.

Hi Rayfer

JC and I already discussed this. This is a limiting feature of the T62. Every time it fires the main gun it goes into the "détente" position. The main gun stays elevated for a few (loooong) seconds to allow the spent cartridge to be ejected. The power transverse is affected during this time and cannot operate. This limits the rate of fire to 4 main per minute.
That's the short answer.

JC has a great blog. Everyone should visit it  O0

Hope it helps

Regards


War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

#111
SABOW

Iranian UACV's. Very handy for recon  :smiley6600:







War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Asid

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 17, 2015, 07:13:22 PM
Is this patch/DLC out yet?

Few days..maybe a week for the patch. DLC maybe a week after that.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Physics in SABOW. Look at the bridge and how the weight of the tank distorts it.

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Toonces

#115
So I was looking at some videos this weekend and I'm a bit confused.  I have both Graviteam Tactics and SABOW.  I saw a video that had (edit: Steel Fury): (this is the old Graviteam Tactics, right) but in it the guy was driving a WW2 tank.  I couldn't figure out if it was a mod, or if that is standard now.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Edit: Found the video

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on September 21, 2015, 03:49:21 PM
So I was looking at some videos this weekend and I'm a bit confused.  I have both Graviteam Tactics and SABOW.  I saw a video that had (edit: Steel Fury): (this is the old Graviteam Tactics, right) but in it the guy was driving a WW2 tank.  I couldn't figure out if it was a mod, or if that is standard now.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Edit: Found the video



Yeah...its a totally different game called "Steel Fury". It models the battle of Kharkov in 1942. It came out before SABOW. Also, an excellent game.

http://graviteam.com/games/steel-fury-kharkov1942.html
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Asid

Just to add to what JH said.


Graviteam is the name of the DEV

Graviteam Tactics is the name of the series with Operation star etc.

Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942 is a great simulation with an active modding community. It made a few years ago by the same devs. It has a great selection of scenarios and campaigns. You can get inside the vehicles...Yes vehicles as there are more than tanks in this.

Here's a link with useful info about the mods etc.
http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,338.0.html


SABOW is a an excellent simulator which models conflicts in the 80's. You can get inside only 2 tanks. M60 & T62. However you can control other tanks, pc's, infantry and UAV's.


Graviteam sims are very immersive and not expensive at all. They frequently appear on sale. If you have any interest in tank simulation then I would suggest you take a closer look.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

jomni

Quote from: Asid on September 21, 2015, 03:11:17 PM
Physics in SABOW. Look at the bridge and how the weight of the tank distorts it.



And Combat Mission fans belittle Graviteam games.

Asid

SABOW

I took out the 2 enemy tanks!! Notice the spent shell behind the tank. It also has a broken track (LHS) courtesy of my sabot!

Notice the dead tank on the left. The crew tried to abandon the tank when it was badly damaged but i introduced them to my coax! See one member dead next to the tank in a pool of blood!

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying