virtual desktable for playing your own home made games,I made it with DarkBasic

Started by gameleaper, September 22, 2015, 10:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gameleaper

here is a link to my virtual desktable for playing your own home made games, (wargames RPGs cardgames etc...) http://grognard.com/wargamerfiles/avalompro.zip

its free, and has hundreds of flipable counters, edge scrolling, stacking, and all sorts of tools like dice genrators, mesurment grids, Its a program I wanted to play boardgames sucj as gunslinger

gameleaper

if you look in the xtras folder you will find a module I made called Agincourt.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

gameleaper

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 22, 2015, 11:13:41 AM
dude, you are just a coding machine.  wow...

thanks for the comment. I find I cant get enough time to play wargames though , because I always have a project in mind, I have programed all my life and always had an interest in hex&Chit, so it was an easy step to program wargames. Im glad the software may be of interest to wargamers


bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on September 22, 2015, 02:45:33 PM
Looks interesting! Wonder if I can use it somehow for RPGs?

Hi bb, yep you could use it for RPGs, put your charts and charsheets on the board, and use the markers on them. you can put charts also on a special set of 4 screens. Each chit also has a text attachment(you could use to indicate all sorts of things), and cards can be used, aswell as a set of D&D dice generator via the dice marker.

Hope you can use it.

gameleaper

main game http://grognard.com/wargamerfiles/avalompro.zip


here is a game Made for it from a boardgame, it may interest you if you like the Alamo

http://grognard.com/wargamerfiles/avalamo.zip

and a fantasy game

http://grognard.com/wargamerfiles/avittybitty.zip

gameleaper

I made a boardgame about Trafalgar, its all my own creation, it uses rotating gamecounters that are tricky to figure out how to use, you basically prick one up by right-clicking it then press left or right bracket to rotate "[" "]"

http://grognard.com/wargamerfiles/avtraf.zip

gameleaper


gameleaper

these game are all modules to free boardgames by other people to add on to avalompro, hope you guys like the distraction, Im an oddball and I write oddball software that I believe is different from the norm, I hope I have given you guys interesting distractions over the years



bbmike

Had a look, nice job gameleaper! Very much like Vassal. It should be fairly easy to create a boardgame with this. I think I may use if for combat in RPGs. I might recommend more dice options (different sided, specify number of dice to roll, adding results, etc). The only thing I didn't like was: if you press 'escape' there is no confirmation/warning before the program dumps you out to the desktop.  >:D
I'll spend some more time with it and let you know any other ideas. Feel free to ignore any suggestions I make, these are just my random thoughts on it.  ;)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on September 25, 2015, 01:03:26 PM
Had a look, nice job gameleaper! Very much like Vassal. It should be fairly easy to create a boardgame with this. I think I may use if for combat in RPGs. I might recommend more dice options (different sided, specify number of dice to roll, adding results, etc). The only thing I didn't like was: if you press 'escape' there is no confirmation/warning before the program dumps you out to the desktop.  >:D
I'll spend some more time with it and let you know any other ideas. Feel free to ignore any suggestions I make, these are just my random thoughts on it.  ;)

thank bb, Ive not forgotten to add a numeric value to the SSD aswell as the colored squares on hexwarrior you suggested, Ive not done it yet but you was spot on.

I like this program as I can play agame at my own pace, I just cant play action games anymore, but avalompro also allows for big maps, so many options to work with, bb did you try placeing a small white dice marker on the Map - then click it to bring up the dice and card recorder, the when you close the screen with tab or re-clicking the dice marker, you can then hover over the marker to see all dice and cards recorded with that marker.

I especialy like the video Maxi window in zoomed-out view, just press "V"

thanks bb for trying it out