Main Menu

Paradox forums

Started by solops, September 23, 2015, 08:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

solops

Will someone please tell me what is going on over at the Paradox forums? I cannot log on at any of their websites any more. My password is ignored and they do not seem to have my e-mail since the "forgot my password" route does not work either. I cannot even find a "Login" button on their forums. Their whole website system looks boggled up.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

steve58

I see a "Sign in" link in the upper right hand corner of the screen over at https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php.
Just logged in OK, so it appears to be working...at least it is for me. 
Maybe try a reboot, flush out your browser cache and/or run ccleaner ...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bayonetbrant

(never mind...  problem solved...?)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

Strange...it is working from some people, but not for others. I guess it is some kind of a...paradox... :uglystupid2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bobarossa

I tried logging in recently to look for the latest Total Realism Project for HOI3.  I couldn't login either and without a login you can't view tech support or mod forums.  Seems related to some kind of forum upgrade they did in last 6 months?  I created a new account but when I tried to register my games, it said I had to login to my Steam account.  I do not plan to ever have a steam account and this just screws the buyers of their older games.  I hate Paradox. 

Rayfer

Quote from: bobarossa on September 23, 2015, 09:35:36 AM
I tried logging in recently to look for the latest Total Realism Project for HOI3.  I couldn't login either and without a login you can't view tech support or mod forums.  Seems related to some kind of forum upgrade they did in last 6 months?  I created a new account but when I tried to register my games, it said I had to login to my Steam account.  I do not plan to ever have a steam account and this just screws the buyers of their older games.  I hate Paradox.

Just curious....why no Steam account ever?

Bison

I'm going with curmudgeon.

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 23, 2015, 09:17:15 AM
Strange...it is working from some people, but not for others. I guess it is some kind of a...paradox... :uglystupid2:
Maybe Bobarossa didn't buy their Login dlc? ;) :2funny:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bobarossa

Quote from: Rayfer on September 23, 2015, 10:47:56 AM
Quote from: bobarossa on September 23, 2015, 09:35:36 AM
I tried logging in recently to look for the latest Total Realism Project for HOI3.  I couldn't login either and without a login you can't view tech support or mod forums.  Seems related to some kind of forum upgrade they did in last 6 months?  I created a new account but when I tried to register my games, it said I had to login to my Steam account.  I do not plan to ever have a steam account and this just screws the buyers of their older games.  I hate Paradox.

Just curious....why no Steam account ever?
I may be exagerating a little but I don't want to support online DRM in any form.  I realize that Paradox claims they don't use DRM.  I have asked a couple times in EU4 threads if anyone has tried archiving the game and then copying it back onto the hard drive and were still able to play but no one has responded.  I am afraid that it may still require some kind of Steam presence to get the registry info correct.  Sorry to derail the thread. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Bison on September 23, 2015, 11:15:33 AM
I'm going with curmudgeon.
lol!  :2funny:

...although his explanation above is respectable...misguided, but respectable.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bobarossa

Quote from: Bison on September 23, 2015, 11:15:33 AM
I'm going with curmudgeon.

That seems to be genetically encoded to rear its ugly head as you approach 60.  I've decided to stop fighting it. 

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: bobarossa on September 23, 2015, 12:20:22 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on September 23, 2015, 10:47:56 AM

Just curious....why no Steam account ever?
I may be exagerating a little but I don't want to support online DRM in any form.  I realize that Paradox claims they don't use DRM.  I have asked a couple times in EU4 threads if anyone has tried archiving the game and then copying it back onto the hard drive and were still able to play but no one has responded.  I am afraid that it may still require some kind of Steam presence to get the registry info correct.  Sorry to derail the thread.

Used to be able to do so with CK2 shortly after it's initial release.  But a short time afterward, Paradox went full-on Steam hosting and dropped support for everything else.  I'd be surprised if you could still play the game separately from the Steam client now that it's so embedded.