Main Menu

Mordheim update

Started by Nefaro, February 03, 2015, 11:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Looks like the 2nd new content update showed up today, adding the Cult of the Possessed.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/276810/


I've not played it yet but have it installed.  Will finally check it out soon, maybe after waiting for any other small patches-to-the-patch show up in the next week or two.

Dread Rlyeh

#1
I'm in pretty much the same boat, waiting till they add management and unit progression.  I think this will be pretty fun, but the controls seemed a bit unintuitive during the one skirmish I played.  Such are the wages of (console interface) sin I guess.   

As for the recently added factions, I thought the Sisters seemed a bit blah, but the Cult looks cool. 

Nefaro

Thought I read that unit progression was supposed to show up in the next month or two but schedules are meant to be missed amiright?

Zulu1966

Got an email saying its on sale currently as well
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: Nefaro on February 03, 2015, 03:45:32 PM
Thought I read that unit progression was supposed to show up in the next month or two but schedules are meant to be missed amiright?
Thought I read something similar.  I've got such a huge backlog I won't complain if they slip a bit. 

JasonPratt

Once I finally figured out what they were trying to do with the console-inspired controls, I found them intuitive enough. Though whether I'll remember them next time I play, who knows? ;)

The camera went crazy after a previous update, though (they were experimenting), and wasn't always great to begin with (indoors), so I'm doing other things until they start putting the campaign into practice. Skirmish is fun, but...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

#6
There was a massive update today on top of the massive update that was released last month.  They've really gone a long ways in cleaning up the UI and controls.  It's shaping up quite nicely and the new tutorials are genuinely helpful.

Here's the latest update info.

QuoteHello Everyone,

Rogue Factor and Focus Home Interactive are very proud and excited to provide you with this eight update of the Early Access. Like we did before, we want to present you a list of all the updates that come with this version, but also the known issues and limitations of this Early Access version.

Updates

Our eighth content update is 0.22.4.1 and it provides the following new features:

- Single Player Campaign Mode: Act 1 (Mission 1 to 4) for all 4 warbands is available, offering a new dimension to the game.

- Veteran System: Perform tasks to gain Veteran Ranks which unlock unique out of combat abilities. This progression is kept and shared for all Warbands.

- Warband and Warriors Progression: Warbands must be started from Rank 0 and all saves, from previous Early Access updates, will be deleted. Warband and Warriors will be able to progress up to Rank 5

- Time System: Only one battle per (in-game) day can be performed. If a Warrior is learning a new spell/skill, is treated after an injury, or is waiting for its upkeep, it won't be available for missions.

- Smuggler System: Gather wyrdstones during your mission, ship them and increase your reputation, with factions, to unlock rewards. Beware, if you're too late on a shipment.

- Permadeath and Injuries: Fighting within the streets of Mordheim won't be without consequences anymore. Warriors might lose limb or worse.

- Fully accessible Hideout and revamp of the Main Menu: You will be guided by a tutorial through a now complete and fully accessible Hideout. Oh, and we change the Main Menu screen as well, hope you'll like it!

- Graphic Options: You will now be able to tweak the visual of Mordheim yourself directly from the Options Menu.


General Changes

- The Idol now has an icon on the Strategy View and will always be visible no matter where it is

- Carrying an Idol will make the bearer always visible on the Strategy View

- Suffering from the spell curses Wyrdlight and Lightbearer will make the victim always visible on the Strategy view

- Modified multiple deployment layouts to increase distance between enemies

- Modified multiple deployment layouts to make sure search/wyrdstone points would remain between enemies on start up positions (never behind and going away from the intended battlefield)

- Added new Trap Effects for all trap types (some beneficial, most detrimental)

- Combat Melee Hit base chances have been lowered to 80%

- When failing an All Alone test, the amount of Strategy Points lost has been increased from 1 to 5

- 8 new "slideshow" tutorials to explain the different parts of the Hideout

- Updated Combat Tutorials

- New warrior customization options (beard, hair, etc...)

- New Ambiant sounds which play randomly during missions (with separate volume in the options)

- A lot of new animations with emote system before an attack, when using a skill, and faster athletic sequences.

- Improved AI with matching rank

- Improved lighting and more grime on walls, roof, etc...


Items

- Shuriken has been added for the Skaven warband. Every Skaven except the Rat Ogre can use them

- Verminkin lost the right to use Warplock Pistols

- Assassin Adept now start with Shuriken as alternate weapon

- Warlock have access to Bow again


Runes

- Rune of Escape: the mastery version has been increased to 3 meters

- Rune of Celerity: the initiative bonus have been increased to 10 for the normal version and 20 for the mastery version

- Rune of the Senses: the bonus has been increased to 25% for the normal version and 50% for the mastery version


Skills

- The Alertness requirement to train Combat Movement have been reduced to 9 for the normal version and 12 for the mastery version

- The Alertness requirement to train Awareness have been increased to 12 for the normal version and 15 for the mastery version

- The melee resistance provided by the debuff of Kidney Strike has been increased to -15% for the regular version and -30% for the mastery version

- The melee resistance bonus of Combat Savvy has been reduced to 5% for the regular version and 10% for the mastery version

- The Intelligence requirement to train Combat Savvy has been reduced to 6 Intelligence for the normal version and 9 for the mastery version

- The Intelligence requirement to train Study has been increased to 9 Intelligence for the normal version and 12 for the mastery version

- The debuff provided by the skill Quick Incision saw its melee resistance penalty increase to -3% for the regular version and -6% for the mastery version

- The debuff provided by the skill Defensive Stance saw its melee resistance bonus remains at to 10% for the regular version and 20% for the mastery version

Nefaro

Looks like they're finally starting to get some of the character progression in, too.   O0

Dread Rlyeh

I'm pleased to see they are making progress, but after DL'ing the update... I have to say the UI is atrocious.  Can't figure out what is going on.   Giving this the big NOPE until they make some improvements.

JasonPratt

Campaign and warband persistency unlocked?

Time to return to Mordheim!!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Dread Rlyeh

Well I was able to figure out how to hire henchmen for my warband.  When you get to the screen where you choose the type of henchman (one #21, one #24, please  :2funny:), you have to double click the the icon to get a dialog prompt.  Single clicking just highlights it, no buttons, dialogs or anything.   Not exactly intuitive.

They've mentioned that members of your band can be permanently maimed.  Curious what the percentage chance of those incidents occurring will be and if you will be able to mitigate it to some extent with xitems.  I could see that being a bit unpopular. 


undercovergeek

with some game funds burning a hole in my pocket, and GAMedieval looking increasingly unpopular this could be top of the list

has the campaign come out yet, with a persistent group and RPG style wounds and skill increases?

Silent Disapproval Robot

The first act of the campaign is out for each of the four available races. 

I started with the rat-men but got slaughtered on my second mission.  I re-started as a bunch of surly Germans and seem to be doing well.  I just finished my 4th mission, sent some kryptonite to Der Fuhrer or whoever, and added some spiffy new skills to my warband leader.  Both of my archers always seem to get slapped down in each mission.  Then they have to spend several days healing up only to get injured again as soon as they rotate back into the active roster.  A ruptured eardrum is no reason to skip a mission, I say!  The little pansy was out for 5 days due to that.

Nefaro

I think they just began adding the carryover & campaign stuff, UCG.  So those goodies are still in their infancy AFAIK.  I'm content to wait a bit longer, but it's always looked like it will be a great game once it's feature complete.   8)

jejo68

yeah now I cant play the damn game.

For some reason I cant click on any of the menu's because it seems the actual pointer is somewhere else then the graphical pointer is (hope that makes any sense), so when I have to point at some random place to open a specific menu