Main Menu

Happy FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, September 25, 2015, 05:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog




Happy Friday, my groggy Grogs!  I have busted butt to get here and there's only today to go until the weekend starts.  WOOHOO!  Looks like there will be lots of football to go along with the usual gaming festivities.  Civ IV BtS mp.  And attempts at CK 2 and possibly a re-visit of Sovereignty: Crown of Kings.  Check in and see where they are.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GJK

Should be a good weekend of gaming. 

Football season has me deeply involved in playing Blood Bowl via VASSAL with my brother.  Kind of bummed that others don't seem to interested in it as I'd really love to get a bunch of games going with people.  Ah well.  If you're reading and are interested; let me know!  (If you've never played BB but are thinking of getting the new PC game version but aren't sure if you'd like the game, let me know - I'll teach it to you via VASSAL ;) )

Also lots of ASL lately.  I have a ftf game next weekend after playing last weekend but have a new pbem game to set up for. 

For solitaire play, I stumbled across a very well made "Russian Campaign" scenario for TOAWIII (may of come with it, dunno) that is of the right unit density and scale that is manageable.  Anything larger and I go crazy watching the AI shuffle crap back and forth.  This one is a good one though.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Gusington

Awaiting the arrival of my new gaming PC l, prepping my older machine to give to my kids, and continuing on with Dragon Age Inquisition. May start a campaign of Age of Wonders III. And just got my code in for Grand Ages: Medieval :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Yard work... it being fall and all.

When I can I have PBEM's with Cyrano and SDR.

And some VASSAL work for 2 different games.

undercovergeek

Quote from: GJK on September 25, 2015, 05:56:16 AM
Should be a good weekend of gaming. 

Football season has me deeply involved in playing Blood Bowl via VASSAL with my brother.  Kind of bummed that others don't seem to interested in it as I'd really love to get a bunch of games going with people.  Ah well.  If you're reading and are interested; let me know!  (If you've never played BB but are thinking of getting the new PC game version but aren't sure if you'd like the game, let me know - I'll teach it to you via VASSAL ;) )

Also lots of ASL lately.  I have a ftf game next weekend after playing last weekend but have a new pbem game to set up for. 

For solitaire play, I stumbled across a very well made "Russian Campaign" scenario for TOAWIII (may of come with it, dunno) that is of the right unit density and scale that is manageable.  Anything larger and I go crazy watching the AI shuffle crap back and forth.  This one is a good one though.

GJK - id sell my soul to play with you guys i just cant promise any time or commitment to it at the minute, but know that id love to

As and when this weekend ill be MGS V-ing now ive got Miller out and missions are expanding - having blown a mission last night i decided to go loud, stole the bad guys lorry, drove up to the hills and sniped the entire base from the top of the hill - hilarious but now how i want to play the game so ill restart - i just wanted to try the flip side for a laugh

Ill maybe dip into ARMA III KotH, but MGS V is filling the sneaky, shooty hole at the minute

and ill be taking one for the team and downloading Grand Ages Medieval and starting an AAR

therell be some PBEMing with KyzBP - were down to maybe 2 turns a week but after a recent PM chat weve decided thats ok and its going to be like one of those 20 year long snail mail chess games, and thats cool - ive taken a pic of me now and ill post a pic of me when were done

Im launching a gourmet burger range to go with the restaurant next week so ive been eating burgers all week - so there may be just a liquid diet this weekend, and Jamesons is liquid so im all ok with that

GJK

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 25, 2015, 07:10:47 AM

GJK - id sell my soul to play with you guys i just cant promise any time or commitment to it at the minute, but know that id love to


There's no formal league going on yet so I'm just playing pick-up games with my brother.  Since BB turns process very quickly, I could easily accommodate another pbem game if/when you wanted one.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on September 25, 2015, 07:05:09 AM
And just got my code in for Grand Ages: Medieval :)

ooo ooo where from you wiley old dog?

Tuna

My 16 year old is going to his first concert with friends tonight at House of Blues. Since we have taxi duty, wife and I are gonna do the Red Sox game to burn some time. My 19 Year old turns 20 tomorrow, so Bday Party in the schedule.. Whatever gaming I can 'sneak' in this weekend will probably be World of Warships  :smitten:.

MengJiao

Quote from: Barthheart on September 25, 2015, 07:10:40 AM
Yard work... it being fall and all.

When I can I have PBEM's with Cyrano and SDR.

And some VASSAL work for 2 different games.

  Some CS: Middle East -- probably More '48 and '56 events.

  Some Wing Leader -- maybe I'll try to figure out how to try to torpedo some ships -- with aerial torpedoes!

Kushan

#9
My cousin is getting married tonight so no gaming for me. They got a ton of alcohol for the reception so I'll be consuming whiskey/scotch in copious amounts.

Tomorrow might be some mix of VASSAL (B-17 Queen of the Skies or RAF), FCRS, CMANO scenario work while I deal with the inevitable hangover. Sunday will be more of the same but adding in watching football. Really wish I could play Cities Skyline with the new DLC but I'm pretty sure my surface pro 3 wont run it.

Been doing a ton of reading this week. Started reading War that Never Was on the plane the other day but got distracted by re-reading Cauldron by Larry Bond (for CMANO scenario ideas) the last few days.

Anyone have any recommendation for VASSAL RPG modules? Looking for something I can play solo (or a co-op game I can play solo) to get my RPG fix.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Toonces

^ Excellent book choices.  Cauldron in particular is fantastic.

I'm still going all-in on ARMA 3 KotH.  I'm having a blast with the Titan shoulder-launched missile; I love taking down Pawnees with it.

I just re-bought and installed WOFF 2 with the Expansion 2.  I haven't tried the new expansion yet so I'm curious to see what it brings to the game.

I am planning on re-installing IL-2 and modding it up to the latest HSFX or Ultimate Patch or whatever the most popular version is now.  Finding and downloading the mods is the most time-consuming part.  Don't know if I'll get to playing that this weekend, though.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

'Geek - first off we all know you have no soul.

Second - I prepurchased Grand Ages Medieval from Green Man for about 27.00 IIRC.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

sandman2575

Quote from: Gusington on September 25, 2015, 07:05:09 AM
prepping my older machine to give to my kids

must take a long time to delete all that sketchy browser history and 'adult content', eh?   :coolsmiley:

(sorry, couldn't resist.  Congrats on the new PC!  Always a big day.)

Gusington

I cleanse everything. The last thing I want is for the kids to find a link to a place like this.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Going to continue down my Wargaming "World of..." rabbit hole (WoT, WoWS - never knew I had that nifty beta tester battleship until I fired it up again a few days ago and WoWP) as well as finally get started in on a PbP using the Shadows of the Demon Lord rules.  Seeing as there is nothing but rain in the forecast, I see lots of inside time in my near future.