Clean Hard Drive = Gaming Freedom!

Started by Bison, September 25, 2015, 06:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asid

Quote from: Bison on September 25, 2015, 06:34:22 PM
No longer do I have dozens of games that I never play just hanging out taking up space, because I'm under the false pretense that I might, maybe, someday play them. 


They will return my friend....Make no mistake.... ;)

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Bison on September 25, 2015, 06:34:22 PM
Well my recent experience with having to do a clean install of Win 7 has left me with a perfectly empty gaming hard drive and frankly it feels like FREEDOM!  No longer do I have dozens of games that I never play just hanging out taking up space, because I'm under the false pretense that I might, maybe, someday play them. 

It's like I have a new computer just waiting for me to download something to optimize it's capabilities.  The nice part is I don't have to load up a bunch of fancy, dancy crapola just to see how well the graphic card does at maxing out a games settings.  Also there is some freedom in that I'll figure out which game distributer and publishers are my friend on the bold frontier of digital downloads. 

Now for the really exciting part.  Deciding what game to install and play.  And maybe, just maybe I'll be able to make and keep a new gamer's amend.  No new games installed until I've either played an installed game to finish be that story line, campaign, or perhaps a minimum of 20 hours.  If I don't like a game in 20 hours then is it save to assume the game is a lost cause to me?

So far the only thing downloaded is the Steam client and I'm getting ready to download Star Wars the Old Republic.  Beyond that the world of gaming is my oyster.  WOOT!!!

awwww....bless ye. So you've got a new build and an empty drive and it feels like you are free from the chains of all those games that were pestering you.

Just you wait. Before you know it you'll have 10, 20 30 - 50 games installed and they'll all be baying for you blood again (or time at least!)

Been there, felt that, lived it and have a full hard drive of partially completed games and some not even touched!  >:D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Bison

Nah it's not a new rig.  It's my old one, but with a fresh Win 7 install.  So far I've got nothing installed and am hemming and hawing over what to install and play.

JasonPratt

I recommend something small you can fritter with a while, as you search your feelings.  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on September 25, 2015, 06:48:10 PM
Windows 7? You MUST install Windows 10. You underestimate the power of the dark side. Join us...  >:D