Main Menu

Happy FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, September 25, 2015, 05:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GJK

Now that I have a 40" monitor on my computer I might be able to see the units in all the Tiller games that I have- I'll have to see if I can finally play those!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

I played the crap out of CK2 last night. 

I picked up a saved game I had been playing.  I started as the Duke of Aquitaine.  I am still not entirely sure what happened.  I think I created a new Duchy at some point.  When I died I started playing as one of my daughters and my realm fragmented with a Duchy going to each of my daughters.  As the daughter my sister rebelled and declared a war on me to take Aquitaine.  In response I initiated a plot to kill her that got over 100% backing.  As this is going on I get killed leading my troops in battle.  This ends the war and now I'm playing as the other sister!

Unfortunately I still have that assassination plot I started, but now its against myself!  WTF!  Eventually it works, I die and now I'm playing as my aunt.

My aunt is married to someone from the HRE and now I have no heir to pass my dynasty on to so I'm facing endgame if I die.  I divorce my husband after two tries, change the succession laws to the one where your assets get divided up equally among your children, and I marry a guy matrilineally but I don't think he has any assets.  He dies leaving me nothing and now I'm so old that nobody will marry me.

I think I'm facing endgame again because my heir (half-son?) is colored red.  I think I'm in my mid-60's so there won't be much more time before I find out.  I don't really know what else I can do at this point.

So basically this has been a pretty short run, maybe 75 years.  Pretty pathetic!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro


panzerde

Quote from: GJK on September 27, 2015, 07:36:46 AM
Now that I have a 40" monitor on my computer I might be able to see the units in all the Tiller games that I have- I'll have to see if I can finally play those!


If you want to PBEM some, let me know! Maybe Jim and I can dragoon you into the three sided Sicily scenario sometime.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Nefaro

Quote from: panzerde on September 27, 2015, 11:15:42 AM



.. Maybe Jim and I can dragoon you into the three sided Sicily scenario sometime.


Hidden message in there?  ???

Toonces

Meh. I only had about 1 more year to play with my character in CK2.  She was 67 and I just couldn't find anyone with landed titles willing to marry her matrilineally.  So she died and it was game over; score was about 5800.  Pretty sad showing.   :-[
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

Agreed.  Must be the Uggs.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GJK

Quote from: panzerde on September 27, 2015, 11:15:42 AM
Quote from: GJK on September 27, 2015, 07:36:46 AM
Now that I have a 40" monitor on my computer I might be able to see the units in all the Tiller games that I have- I'll have to see if I can finally play those!


If you want to PBEM some, let me know! Maybe Jim and I can dragoon you into the three sided Sicily scenario sometime.

I might do that.  I'll see what I have and try to familiarize myself with them.  I have 3 pbem's going at the moment for ASL, Combat Mission and Blood Bowl so let me wrap up some of those and then I'll check it out and let you know.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

JasonPratt

I finished Metal Gear 3: Indulgence early this weekend, by which I mean I finished Metal Gear Solid: Insipidence.

And by "finished" I mean, "played until I couldn't stand the unending fight against the user interface in order to play a game dedicated to spreading out its hour of gameplay by using the most gratuitous repetitive backtracking and sucker-kills and inconvenient reload areas, not counting the plotty things, and then I found a cinematic on YouTube and watched the last hour of plot which felt like I was slowly having my life drained by a succubus except not in any fun way."

And then I (re-)played the first third or so of Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate, and was reminded how to do story and gameplay right.  :smitten:

I'm sure I'll give Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty: Infestance a shot for a while to see if the gameplay has at least improved any, after which I'll just watch a cinematic and go on to the next stage in my Arkham/MGS playthrough. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GJK

Hey JP, are you up for a pbem of Blood Bowl?  I could use another pbem game of it as one of my other 2 are wrapping up.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

JasonPratt

I'll be looking into it soon.  8)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GJK

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 29, 2015, 11:47:50 AM
I'll be looking into it soon.  8)

My Necro team will be dying to defeat you.  Wait, they're all dead already!

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer