Blood Bowl VASSAL module updated

Started by GJK, October 03, 2015, 01:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GJK

For JP or anybody else interested:



Just an FYI for anybody that has downloaded the module- I've just completed and am uploading v1.0 of the module.  Teams are now duplicated and color coded as either "Red" or "Blue".  This will make it easy to distinguish the sides on the pitch, even when zoomed far out.  Also, it will make it possible to field two teams of the same race, one being red and the other being blue obviously.  Finally, the dugouts are only available for a team based on their color so that you can't accidentally place a player in the wrong dugout.


This version can be downloaded from http://www.garykrockover.com/BB/ (link near the top of each page).


Feedback and suggestions or recommendations most welcomed!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

gameleaper

Hi I noticed your carrier Mod online too, this Mod looks good, I'm not into this sports type game, but your game on the web site realy looked good

JasonPratt

Sweet! -- I was thinking of seeing if I could get it installed on my Surface Pro this morning...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

gameleaper

May I offer a new form of game presentation similar to vassal my virtual table http://grognard.com/wargamerfiles/avalompro.zip

JasonPratt

Due to excessive stupidity by me, I wasn't able to get it going this morning -- because it turns out, I never installed even basic Java on the Surface.

This has been rectified now, but too late to continue until later.  :uglystupid2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GJK

No rush JP!  I'm going to send you an invite to a dropbox folder that has some material that can used for the game (latest rules, spreadsheet for team creation, the vassal module, more).  That's also where me and my brother (whom I'm also playing against) upload our pbem turns.

@gameleaper: I'll check it out and see what you got!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

KyzBP

Is this the beginning of a league?  You know I'm in if you guys can hold out until November. O0

GJK

I'd love to get a GH's league going.  We'll have 4 of us if/when we get JP up and running and if I twist some arms, I can maybe get some others from here to join in as well.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

JasonPratt

It is a project I shall certainly be looking at this week.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GJK

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 05, 2015, 09:23:05 AM
It is a project I shall certainly be looking at this week.

Great!  Let me know if you have any questions or problems.  I might suggest that we try a little pbem game just so that you're comfortable with it.  I think you'll find though that it's really very straight-forward stuff.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

gameleaper

GJK in your video you have a 40inch monitor, if that's a monitor and NOT a Television trying to be a monitor, I'm very impressed! I learned something very valuable about vassal on your video you can separate the menu from the board, I'm always scrolling back amd forth in vassal.

GJK

Quote from: gameleaper on October 06, 2015, 04:37:33 AM
GJK in your video you have a 40inch monitor, if that's a monitor and NOT a Television trying to be a monitor, I'm very impressed! I learned something very valuable about vassal on your video you can separate the menu from the board, I'm always scrolling back amd forth in vassal.

Misspoke, sorry.  It is a TV acting as a computer monitor.   :o

Dual monitors is the way to go with VASSAL; yes - you can "uncombine" the windows in the preferences (unique to each module) so that you have just the map/board on full screen on one window and the menu of buttons/control bars on the other.  I kept a little (I say little) 20" monitor beside the 40" just for VASSAL really.  When playing Blood Bowl or ASL, I can see the entire map at a decent zoom level which was like heaven because that was always a gripe; not being able to see the entire map on the screen.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

gameleaper

Quote from: GJK on October 06, 2015, 05:22:06 AM
Quote from: gameleaper on October 06, 2015, 04:37:33 AM
GJK in your video you have a 40inch monitor, if that's a monitor and NOT a Television trying to be a monitor, I'm very impressed! I learned something very valuable about vassal on your video you can separate the menu from the board, I'm always scrolling back amd forth in vassal.

Misspoke, sorry.  It is a TV acting as a computer monitor.   :o

Dual monitors is the way to go with VASSAL; yes - you can "uncombine" the windows in the preferences (unique to each module) so that you have just the map/board on full screen on one window and the menu of buttons/control bars on the other.  I kept a little (I say little) 20" monitor beside the 40" just for VASSAL really.  When playing Blood Bowl or ASL, I can see the entire map at a decent zoom level which was like heaven because that was always a gripe; not being able to see the entire map on the screen.

Your TV has the Resolution so high it could pass as a monitor , I will have to try a setup with 2 Monitors - TVs in the future, I think it may be good and some boardgames more enjoyable Thanks GJK,