Master of Orion returning

Started by RedArgo, June 09, 2015, 07:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Greybriar

Don't click on anything, Huw. Just drag the vertical scroll bar on the right side of the screen slowly up and down and you'll see some messages about the game. At least that's how I did it.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Huw the Poo

Yeah but I was looking for more than that...as I said, price and platform etc.  You'd think the pre-order page would have those details but I'm not going to register an account just to find out.  They can naff off!

Greybriar

It's so early in the game's development that it doesn't look like the forum moderators know what's going on (see Post #9 in this thread):

Quote from: ElPozoleOlmeca
Hey everyone,

Welcome to Master of Orion, thank you for stopping by!  For right now just sit tight as we get you more info during E3.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Anguille

I am slightly worried by the galaxy map in the screenshot...i really hope they are not going to us starlanes (i came to like in MOO3 but i really prefer open space like in Armada 2526 or MOO 1 & 2.

OJsDad

I like starlanes, and wish they would have implemented the ability to build starbases next to them, as was originally planned. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Anguille

Quote from: OJsDad on June 11, 2015, 07:16:15 AM
I like starlanes, and wish they would have implemented the ability to build starbases next to them, as was originally planned.
Which is the case in Birth of the Federation. I do like starlanes like they are used in MOO2, Birth of the Federation and Armada 2526. However, it's not my favorite if it is the main and only way to move (Space Empires, MOO3, Pax Imperia etc.). It should be a valuable ressource.

Greybriar

The recent articles from PC Gamer ("Wargaming on Master of Orion: this Is a Passion for Us") and Polygon ("Master of Orion reboot won't be free-to-play, will incorporate best mechanics from trilogy") shed some light on Master of Orion reboot.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

RedArgo

Sounds like no ship design and no tactical combat.  That's not an out yet, but it is two strikes in my book.

Armada 2526 is already a good game except for those two things, but that did leave me feeling less than fulfilled.

Hopefully, we'll learn more next week.

OJsDad

I fired up MOO3 the other day, but it was quite lacking when compared to Distant Worlds. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Arctic Blast

I'm actually somewhat intrigued by a space 4X without ship building. I tire of ship building. I'm supposed to be a goddamn imperial space emperor...can I not hire engineers to take care of that crap?

Staggerwing

^Good point, though every once in a while an emperor wants to design a ship of ludicrous proportions and armament.
Who cares if it rolls over in the harbor because it has too many cannons high above the water line or blows up because some rebel scum shoot missiles down an unshielded exhaust port that leads straight to the reactor core?

You're the frigging Emperor! Someone else frakked up!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

reapagan

No ship building, no tactical combat, no dice.

Anguille

Quote from: reapagan on June 12, 2015, 07:55:10 PM
No ship building, no tactical combat, no dice.
If you see his comments below the article, you'll see that there are tactical combat ans ship building.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Ian C

Nice graphics and high visual production values but stats and screens look completely dumbed-down. I'm hoping for the depth of MOO3 brought up to date. Maybe the star ratings are just macro ratings and there's more in a sub-menu?