Middle East campaign series releases sep. 24

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 21, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

Oh, you mean da leetle numbers? See- I told you I was a little stupider than normal today.  :))
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jason Petho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT3o_D6IK74

There's a link to the video for BOOTCAMP 2.

I slowed down the text a bit, which should be more readable.

Hope that helps

Jason Petho
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

Crossroads

#137
Quote from: Staggerwing on October 06, 2015, 01:28:14 PM
Sorry, I'm a little dense today. Are those Smurfs?

Ain't nothing funny about an Arm'd Smurf Bde heading your way  O0

Played turn #4 of my Into Africa! DAR with these little AIW counters.  :smitten:

duh that's turn #4 of course. fixed. and the link works now. yay
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

panzerde

Any chance we can get you Campaign Series types to post some more sneak peak screenshots here?  O0
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Bison

Quote from: Cyrano on October 06, 2015, 01:38:26 PM
Them's proper wargamin' counters there!!

Don't make me come over there and regulate your high-falutin' notions of the proper ways for wargames to appear!  C:-)

I'm not seeing NATO symbols on those counters. 

Bison

I will admit that this one is on the shortlist of games to get once I have more time to game again.

panzerde

Quote from: Bison on October 12, 2015, 05:24:42 PM
I will admit that this one is on the shortlist of games to get once I have more time to game again.

Definitely worth it. NATO counters are one of the defaults, too!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Grim.Reaper

I ended up purchasing this recently....only been through tutorials so far, but liking it a lot.  The developers also seem committed to further enhancements so seems like this will have good longevity.

Warhorse

Here's some NATO symbols for ya!! From Into the Valley.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Bison

Quote from: panzerde on October 12, 2015, 05:25:45 PM
Quote from: Bison on October 12, 2015, 05:24:42 PM
I will admit that this one is on the shortlist of games to get once I have more time to game again.

Definitely worth it. NATO counters are one of the defaults, too!

Cool.  I was just busting Cyano's chops about the NATO counters. :)

Warhorse

Nice!! Ah well, needed a screenie of the NATO's anyhow, and it gave me an excuse to try it out here! :coolsmiley:
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Bison

The counters look nice.  I hope they are that clear at high resolutions.

Crossroads

Here is another shot using the revised NATO icon sheet. We are at the moment adding a bit more detail into them. New wreck markers too. We are very committed to enhancing the game as we go along, so anything you guys spot let us know  :)

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

#148
Counter stats are from top left to bottom right: Strength, Morale, Assault, Defense. With FOW present, you don't see enemy stats, apart the Strenght in case concealment factors allowing. Additionally, there's the Thermometers for action points as seen here.

Edit: Fire values against soft and hard targets is not shown on counters, as they vary per distance. There's a separate Unit Handbook dialog and a Unit Viewer tool to observing all other aspects of a unit while in play.

Edit2: Warhorse put some 420 (!) individual NATO icons in place. This is a platoon scaled game, after all, so there is the need to identify as much about the unit from its NATO icon as possible  :)

Edit 3 (there had to be one right!): Here's a little DAR I am doing at the moment at the AAR section. And there's more of them at the Matrix CS:ME forum, if you follow the link from my signature.

Now, I obviously need another morning cuppa!
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

berto

#149
Integrated Unit Viewer:



Available in the forthcoming ME 1.01.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com