Scariest Game you Played this Year

Started by Gusington, October 14, 2015, 12:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

No, I'm talking about the very first Arkham game, Arkham Asylum. It runs smooth as silk, especially on PC, where it can usually be found cheap especially on various sales.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

http://thebests.kotaku.com/the-10-best-horror-games-1685727700

QuoteAlien: Isolation: The Kotaku Review

Knock, knock. Who's there? An alien. It kills you.

:2funny:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

Both Soma and Outlast look pretty fantastic.

If it makes a difference, Soma is currently only $5 on Steam...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Toonces on October 14, 2015, 03:50:36 PM
If it makes a difference, Soma is currently only $5 on Steam...

Really? It's showing as 29.99 on the Steam store.  ???

JudgeDredd

^yeah - £22.99 here.

I just watched one of the videos and now I can't get to sleep!  >:D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Huw the Poo

I'm torn on Soma.  I couldn't finish Amnesia because it was too frightening, but Soma is supposed to be amazing way beyond just being scary.  Oh, what to do...

Father Ted

Blimey, you Americans and your Halloween!

Toonces

Crap, sorry guys.  I meant Outlast is $5.  Soma is like $30 which is a bit steep IMHO.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Father Ted on October 14, 2015, 04:17:54 PM
Blimey, you Americans and your Halloween!

They bloody love it, don't they?  As someone who reads Reddit every day I kind of dread it...for a good week the front page is nothing but "look at my costume!"

BanzaiCat

I couldn't care less about Halloween, and it seems the trick-or-treaters get thinner each year. My daughter did it last year, but she was 13, pretty borderline for that sort of thing IMO. My son's almost 17 so there's no way he's going out to do that.

I enjoy scary games...watching them, anyway. Not so much playing.

SOMA looks like a mindf*ck of epic proportions...I've only seen Markiplier's first two episodes. I gotta decide now if I want to buy it so I don't get too many spoilers revealed too soon.

And hell to the nope with Outlast, just like Alien Isolation. Like I said I enjoy watching them, but playing a game where I have to run in terror and hide from something all-powerful isn't appealing at all.

Gusington

What the hell is wrong with Halloween? Must check out SOMA...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Both look great.  Soma definitely looks awesome but since I haven't finished Amnesia nor Pneumbra yet, I don't see any need to blow full price on it.  I'll wait until Xmas and catch it 50% or more off.

I still have Alien+DLC in my library not even installed yet.   :o
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^On that note I probably should not have posted this thread right after I pre-ordered another upcoming title, again :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

For god's sake Gus, what's the matter with you?!  Never pre-order games!

tgb

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 14, 2015, 06:02:17 PM
I couldn't care less about Halloween, and it seems the trick-or-treaters get thinner each year.

You're supposed to give them candy, not crystal meth.