Main Menu

Zombasite

Started by spelk, October 13, 2015, 05:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

spelk


Nefaro

Looks like the one they did before Din's Curse, but with updated graphics and Zombie added to the title.

Not to say I won't check it out.  ^-^

Huw the Poo

Yeah, it does look like Depths of Peril 2, really, doesn't it?  I'll probably pick it up at some point but after seeing that trailer I'm less excited than I was.  Soldak need to start branching out a bit.

spelk

My concern is that there didn't seem to be that many Zombies in it. Apart from its name and title screen.

Nefaro

Quote from: spelk on October 14, 2015, 01:52:51 AM
My concern is that there didn't seem to be that many Zombies in it. Apart from its name and title screen.

I'm glad it's not just packs of zombies.  Especially in an Action RPG.  Having a whole range of undead is a big improvement in any situation, and more developers should get off this zombie fad and diversify that shit. 

Obviously the Zombie tag was used to attract some extra attention.

I enjoyed Din's Curse.  Partly due to it's wide range of options that let you tailor the style you wanted to play, it's heavy procedural generation, and being very focused on dungeon crawling. 

Didn't play Depths of Peril (2?) until after Din's Curse and didn't like it so much.  From what I can tell this looks to be the same thing in a different package.  Maybe the updated stuff will be more enticing than the original.

FarAway Sooner

I enjoyed Din's Curse and played Drox Operative even more.  I liked the more varied strategic issues that came up during a given scenario of Drox (e.g., "Do I go the easy route and help the AI who really resents me to win this one time, or do I do everything I can to help the underdogs who sponsored me in the last quadrant?  And what about the evil bad guys who seem to want to destroy everybody?  How do I balance those trade-offs versus the need to put a crimp in their plans?")

Their games can get a little repetitive after a while.  I hope they find a way to keep this one fresh, a la Drox' strategic layer or some such...

Nefaro

I didn't get in Drox Operative.  Still prefer Din's over that one, myself.  :-\

Tpek

This game is certainly annoying in many ways.

1) There are no vendors that I could find, and pretty much nothing to do with unneeded equipment and items other than salvaging them back in hometown.

2) Your town gets attacked every friggin second. You can't actually go on exploring or questing because of it.

3) No map quest markers, making it annoyingly time consuming to search for your quest objectives.

4) Because of problem 1, you have so very little money that you can never actually level up skills, as they cost A LOT of money to level.

Huw the Poo

Well, it is early access.  I own all of Soldak's previous games, so based on experience I imagine each of those points will be addressed.  What's of more concern to me is the similarity between this and previous titles.  Don't see any reason to buy Zombasite so far.