Scariest Game you Played this Year

Started by Gusington, October 14, 2015, 12:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

Quote from: nevermore on October 15, 2015, 10:10:06 AM
WWI 28mm game,big Mark farted and he had a vindaloo the night before, WWI effect - perfect mustard gas attack :crazy2:

ROFL. You can take realism a bit too far. Must have added a lot to the 'atmosphere' of the game though.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

You guys and your tales of Alien are making my evening.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 15, 2015, 01:53:25 PM
It doesn't help that my mother introduced me to Alien when I was only 9, and she made me watch it when I essentially knew nothing about it and had to see it at night with the lights off. 

I took my mom to see Alien on the big screen when it came out in 1979. Neither of us had any idea of what to expect. I remember the chest-burster scene well....it's the exact moment I was written out of her will  8)

Seriously, one of my all-time top ten movies ever. Really, top three or four even.

Gusington

Both Alien and Aliens are in my top ten, right behind The Exorcist and The Shining. And I don't care what you people say I still enjoy Alien 3.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I didn't get to see Alien until I was in middle school. I still remember very clearly the morning after my mom and dad went to see it in 1979. She was NOT happy, lol. And it gave my little juvenile brain nightmare fuel for years.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Gusington on October 15, 2015, 07:42:07 PM
Both Alien and Aliens are in my top ten, right behind The Exorcist and The Shining. And I don't care what you people say I still enjoy Alien 3.

Four outta five ain't bad!   8)

Gusington

Alien 3 is not in my top ten. But I still enjoy it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on October 15, 2015, 08:34:20 PM
Alien 3 is not in my top ten. But I still enjoy it.

It's an unfairly maligned film. 

It had a great director, but the saga of how that script was obliterated by so many cooks spoiling the broth is epic Hollywood disaster.   

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

I know, I know...*sigh*

But as I always say when Alien 3 comes up..."It had Roc in it. How bad could it be?'
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Bad.

It was between a Roc and a hard place from the beginning.

Sir Slash

Ohhh. Alien tales. I thought somebody said Alien tail. Sorry. Wrong thread.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

I actually had a nightmare about Alien just a couple of years ago and I still remember it vividly.  I was in some kind of large building and I just wanted to find the way out, but I knew there was at least one alien skulking around and I had no way of defending myself.  Of course, while I was dreaming it was absolutely real to me, so I don't think I've ever been so terrified.  I was very grateful to wake up!

Gusington

Maybe you were actually playing the game and fell asleep?

Anyway fellers, any thoughts on Dying Light?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grimnirsson

QuoteSo...scariest PC/console game you played this year?

Easy to answer and not just restricted to "played this year" but in general - ZombiU. This year bc I bought a Wii U this year ;)

The atmosphere is thick like some claggy blood from a rotten corpse's wound...the Zombies are a real threat here, one Zombie can kill you and is very hard to kill, 2 Zombies mean desaster if your not concentrated, three Zombies and you better run... ammo is scarce, so every bullet counts, melee combat is Adrenalin pumping, perma death and a sort of Dark Souls feature of getting back your things is a brilliant design choice, great gameplay with the tablet making it a unique experience in single player and couch multiplayer alike - hands down the best and scariest Zombie game ever.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on October 16, 2015, 07:51:50 AM
Anyway fellers, any thoughts on Dying Light?

It's $59.99 on Steam, but has a 92% approval rating. Personally there's no way I'm spending sixty bucks on another zombie game.

Steam has a free demo of the game if you want to check it out.