Scariest Game you Played this Year

Started by Gusington, October 14, 2015, 12:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Isn't that the one that's like (or based on or something) Dead Island?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grimnirsson

No, I have both and ZombiU is different. Dead Island is a coop shooter RPG-like game, fun but with a completely different atmosphere and not nearly as scary.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

BanzaiCat

Dead Island is kind of tongue-in-cheek. I don't know if I love it or hate it...I've only played it in single-player mode, though.

Mrs Darwin

If we're talking scariest game we've ever played, did anybody else play "Dark Seed"?  Gave me the heebie jeebies somethin' fierce!

http://www.pcgamer.com/saturday-crapshoot-darkseed/
<Insert Expletive Here> Space Pirate


I'm a much nicer person when I keep my mouth shut.

Grimnirsson

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Sir Slash

I remember there being a Headless Horseman in Skyrim somewhere. I think it was connected to one of the shipwrecks. Not that scary but cool.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Greybriar

Quote from: Mrs Darwin on October 16, 2015, 08:38:10 AM
If we're talking scariest game we've ever played, did anybody else play "Dark Seed"?  Gave me the heebie jeebies somethin' fierce!

http://www.pcgamer.com/saturday-crapshoot-darkseed/

Dark Seed was a scary game. The scene that sticks in my mind is when mechanical fingers separated the skin on my character's forehead and inserted...something. There were many spooky scenes. I bought the DOS version in the early 90s. I haven't played it in many years and don't know how it would hold up.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bob48

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 16, 2015, 09:41:40 AM
I remember there being a Headless Horseman in Skyrim somewhere. I think it was connected to one of the shipwrecks. Not that scary but cool.

Yeah, I saw that as well. As you say, whilst not scary, it was quite creepy.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

The deveolopers of Dying Light are the same ones who created Dead Island.

I'm not getting Dying Light without a discount. 30 dollah or less.

In the meantime I will play Shadow of Mordor. Haven't played it in months.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Mrs Darwin on October 16, 2015, 08:38:10 AM
If we're talking scariest game we've ever played, did anybody else play "Dark Seed"?  Gave me the heebie jeebies somethin' fierce!

Yeah I played that on the Amiga.  Awesome game, but the time limit was quite harsh as I recall and I never did finish it.  Splendid atmosphere.

JasonPratt

You've gotten farther than I did, Judge!

Still haven't gotten back to A:I, but in my defense I've been taking my time enjoying my last-playthrough-for-the-foreseeable-future of Arkham City. Will probably try going back to A:I before Halloween, as I plan to be done with AC this weekend, in time for the hopeful re-release of Arkham Knight and (more importantly) its various DLC mini-campaigns later this year (with particular interest in the Batgirl vs. Joker, and the Hood vs Black Mask stories).

Also still vaguely planning to get GJK's vassal port of Blood Bowl working on my Surface. I want to play, but I've been awfully spoiled by having Focus' port keeping track of everything for me.  :-[
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on October 15, 2015, 08:34:20 PM
Alien 3 is not in my top ten. But I still enjoy it.

Ditto. Not as much as A4; and the only reason I'd watch either of them is for the sake of working through the series, but still.

Has anyone tried playing the two DLC missions from the original movie (and original cast) yet?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Toonces

Quote from: Gusington on October 16, 2015, 10:42:10 AM
In the meantime I will play Shadow of Mordor. Haven't played it in months.

Good lord, Gus, we go through 5 pages of talking about scary games and THAT is what you end up with?  You slay me, BRAH.   :idiot2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Wow, ZombiU sounds pretty freaking awesome.  Any chance that's coming to PC?  Didn't sound like it on Kotaku.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Have you played it, Commander? It's very good. Or you could give me another suggestion...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd