Middle East campaign series releases sep. 24

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 21, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jason Petho

That's in the works, jomni.

I love the 3D and mostly play with 3D.

I'll be purchasing 3D Studio Max and Visual Nature Studio 3 soon to get started on revamping the 3D.

We are hoping for an additional 3D zoom, but haven't figured out if it is possible yet.

Jason Petho
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

-budd-

sweet....although i've suddenly started playing more in 2D.....it's crossroads fault :)
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

jomni

Quote from: Jason Petho on October 15, 2015, 05:52:55 PM
That's in the works, jomni.

I love the 3D and mostly play with 3D.

I'll be purchasing 3D Studio Max and Visual Nature Studio 3 soon to get started on revamping the 3D.

We are hoping for an additional 3D zoom, but haven't figured out if it is possible yet.

Jason Petho

Sounds great.

Jason Petho

That's the plan.

Keep in mind, it will take some time.

Hopefully we'll be using the results in Vietnam. Happy thoughts!
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

Nefaro

There are a few great games from Matrix-Slitherine I've been wanting to pick up.  This being one. 

But I've been putting it off since I haven't been playing PC games quite so rabidly in the past year or two.  And, specifically, wargames.  Frankly, the price tags make me waffle since I know they probably won't get as much play time in the near future as they should, from me, were I to immediately buy.  Despite these recent games from Slitherine being fairly priced. 

I feel a bit bad about this, because I know game developers generally concentrate on the initial sales, rather than the trickle from later, as an indicator of success & encouragement.  I'll eventually get them, when I'm sure to devote proper time to them, and hope they enjoy a respectable launch in the meantime.

Jason Petho

Based on initial sales, were told, in essence, to abandon this project.

Fortunately, the team is beyond passionate about the series and want to see it succeed. We know it will be an uphill battle. We have very long term plans for the series, including many enhancements to the engine and graphics. Both of these elements do take time.

With Middle East, and eventually Vietnam, we are really trying to show that the game is not just the same old with some lipstick. We all believe it truly isn't.

I just wanted to give kudos to the team, without them, the future of the Campaign Series wouldn't be possible.
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

jomni

#216
Quote from: Jason Petho on October 16, 2015, 06:57:47 AM
Based on initial sales, were told, in essence, to abandon this project.

Really! Shocked!
Maybe it's the publisher's fault.  Who knows maybe there are different results when they cut the price by $10?

Crossroads

Quote from: Jason Petho on October 16, 2015, 06:57:47 AM
Based on initial sales, were told, in essence, to abandon this project.

Fortunately, the team is beyond passionate about the series and want to see it succeed. We know it will be an uphill battle. We have very long term plans for the series, including many enhancements to the engine and graphics. Both of these elements do take time.

With Middle East, and eventually Vietnam, we are really trying to show that the game is not just the same old with some lipstick. We all believe it truly isn't.

I just wanted to give kudos to the team, without them, the future of the Campaign Series wouldn't be possible.

I don't know, maybe they expected the series to pick up immediately where JTCS left it when it came out. Campaign Series, in its various forms, has afterall been quite a commercial success too.

As Jason put it, we are definitively here to stay. Build The Field And They Will Come, and all that. We did not expect this to be GTA V from day one.

I know a good game when I see it, and there's still a ton of potential to be unleashed. True, some aspects of the game are showing its age, user interface for instance. We are diligently enhancing them, low hanging fruits are picked quicker, while some other usability features will take more time.

The feedback after CS:ME launch has been truly heartwarming and encouraging. We are committed to stay active with our user base, we are listening to what is working and what enhancements you are looking forward, and with the upcoming 1.01 some of them are already seeing the daylight.  Keep the constructive feedback coming, for it is truly appreciated!

Vietnam should be an exciting game for anyone looking forward to hex based platoon scale wargaming capturing that conflict, and after that it is likely time to hit the WW II battlefields for the first enhanced title there. Each time something significant is introduced, we are commited to port them back to previous titles via free updates. JTCS 2.0 is a testament to that, quite an effort to be able to have it out, and it was delivered as a free update, for the community deserved that for staying loyal to the series.

So while product pricing is out of our hands, we are doing our outmost to make every release more than worth its cost, be the price what it may.  O0
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Cyrano on October 15, 2015, 09:50:31 AM

He of the Knights Who Say "Niche"

Ha. We intend to be the very best of our own niche. Hex based platoon scaled games with a solid 2D and 3D offering (listed in numerical order).

Quote from: jomni on October 15, 2015, 05:01:49 PM
My reasoning is I've been playing Campaign Series for a long time already and really like the plastic toy soldier images. I would like to play more of it.
If it becomes 2D then the game reminds me of JohnTiller Panzer Campaigns or Panzer Battles (same scale) and loses the original Campaign Series feel.  So devs, please don't forget to give the 3D spites some love.

While I am now mostly working with 2D, and wanting it to be what it can be, we all love the 3D part of this game to pieces. Used to build 1:72 models as kid, I am huge fan of our miniature model 3D look.

Quote from: -budd- on October 15, 2015, 05:59:35 PM
sweet....although i've suddenly started playing more in 2D.....it's crossroads fault :)

Oh, we're just getting started!

Quote from: Nefaro on October 16, 2015, 05:11:44 AM

[snip]

I feel a bit bad about this, because I know game developers generally concentrate on the initial sales, rather than the trickle from later, as an indicator of success & encouragement.  I'll eventually get them, when I'm sure to devote proper time to them, and hope they enjoy a respectable launch in the meantime.

Trickle is good :)

I am like that too. There's so many good games and books out there, but I only buy them when I am sure I'll have the time and long term interest to enjoy them too.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Warhorse

Don't worry, they are getting a serious overhaul!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

-budd-

Quote from: Jason Petho on October 16, 2015, 06:57:47 AM
Based on initial sales, were told, in essence, to abandon this project.


So they would rather discontinue than drop the price. It's not like they rolled out the PR machine for the release. I appreciate that you guys are moving forward with it and hope its pays off for you guys in the long run. I'm looking forward to ME 1.01 and the Vietnam release and all the other improvements you have planned.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Jason Petho

No worries.

They won't abandon us, they just wanted more sales so offered us their new engine. They like the new and flashy.

We are a good team, productive and supportive. Let alone not costing them anything.

There is no reason for them to abandon us or the series.
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

Grim.Reaper

I am a little confused.....will this series still go forward with Matrix?  Disappointed to hear about the sales, but happy with my purchase so far.

-budd-

How you doing so far Grim? I'm still losing as much as i win :D

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on October 16, 2015, 07:56:17 PM
How you doing so far Grim? I'm still losing as much as i win :D

Unfortunately, work got in the way all week...besides playing the tutorials, did not have a lot of time this week:(