Main Menu

I'm FRIDAY, Da Ba Dee

Started by undercovergeek, October 16, 2015, 05:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Anguille

Quote from: Anguille on October 16, 2015, 06:00:09 AM
If and i really mean IF i can sit on my desktop (stepparents, b'days, visits etc), i will focus on Grand Ages Medieval.
Just noticed there's a new patch with nice improvements.... O0

tgb

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 16, 2015, 09:51:19 AM
I'm flying down to Cancun and pick-up some extra cash butlering for tgb (I can be VERY discreet).

Try to remember to bring your thong this time, will you please?

Cyrano

PBEM Waterloo with Doug...it's officially on, although well West of Waterloo.

CSME with Doug...learning, again, that modern weapons really puzzle me...

Twilight Struggle (BETA) with the UeberCat...still such a great game...

Like the UCG said, he fired a round straight through the hull of my tank...in fairness, my tank did fire first...

ATZ:R AAR...how long will my family SURVIVE...tune in to see...be aware that we did bring guns...and my son is given to bringing along a tank of gas that he can shoot at and make explode...





Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Sir Slash

That was my thong. What did you think it was?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Right!  Today is the day!  I have two bottles of gin, a small lake of tonic water, I've already done the basic tutorials...now I will finally learn to play Europa Universalis 4!  Well, play through the introductory campaign, anyway.  I'm determined to do it!

If any of you catch me playing anything else this weekend, please shout at me!

Sir Slash

No, I'm laying in that. Could've been my Slip & Slide by mistake I guess.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 16, 2015, 02:55:12 PM
Right!  Today is the day!  I have two bottles of gin, a small lake of tonic water, I've already done the basic tutorials...now I will finally learn to play Europa Universalis 4!  Well, play through the introductory campaign, anyway.  I'm determined to do it!

If any of you catch me playing anything else this weekend, please shout at me!
Huw - I'm over 100 hours in and still have no clue what I'm doing so don't feel bad!  ;D
Insert witty comment here.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: jamus34 on October 16, 2015, 03:25:44 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 16, 2015, 02:55:12 PM
Right!  Today is the day!  I have two bottles of gin, a small lake of tonic water, I've already done the basic tutorials...now I will finally learn to play Europa Universalis 4!  Well, play through the introductory campaign, anyway.  I'm determined to do it!

If any of you catch me playing anything else this weekend, please shout at me!
Huw - I'm over 100 hours in and still have no clue what I'm doing so don't feel bad!  ;D


LOL!  Somehow that doesn't make me feel any better! ;)  I've tried countless times to get into CK2 and never managed it so I'm not holding my breath, but I'm going to make a damned good go of EU4.  I love the idea of it, at least.

Toonces

Quote from: gameleaper on October 16, 2015, 07:57:58 AM
Its lonely out here in space with my own program to play, but I love it and will boldly go where nobody else goes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6d7uqttq2xg7wo/HexWarrior608G.zip?dl=0

That's pretty hardcore, man.   O0
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 16, 2015, 02:55:12 PM
Right!  Today is the day!  I have two bottles of gin, a small lake of tonic water, I've already done the basic tutorials...now I will finally learn to play Europa Universalis 4!  Well, play through the introductory campaign, anyway.  I'm determined to do it!

If any of you catch me playing anything else this weekend, please shout at me!

Hot damn, that sounds like a good time!  I asked my wife to pick up some Bushmills for me while she was out but I was too late so I'll have to stick with House of Stuart again tonight.

Anyway, for gaming, I'm all-in on Madden 08.  Not sure what else yet...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Toonces on October 16, 2015, 04:05:33 PM
I asked my wife to pick up some Bushmills for me while she was out but I was too late so I'll have to stick with House of Stuart again tonight.

Although the Scots don't know how to spell Whiskey they do still make some quite good ones so you should be OK  :)

Anyway back to the subject, I found EU4 easier to get into than CK2 but I'm probably going to have to start to re-learn EU4 again after I've now added on a lot of the more recent DLC, then again it might not make that much of a difference as I'm not that good at it anyway.

With both EU4 and CK2 (and Vic2) it's not so much about the winning but playing the game and seeing where it takes you that has always been the reason of the games for me, so as long as you lose in style everything is good.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Toonces

I haven't really even tried EUIV yet, although I've owned it for quite a while now.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Rayfer

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 16, 2015, 03:34:52 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on October 16, 2015, 03:25:44 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 16, 2015, 02:55:12 PM
Right!  Today is the day!  I have two bottles of gin, a small lake of tonic water, I've already done the basic tutorials...now I will finally learn to play Europa Universalis 4!  Well, play through the introductory campaign, anyway.  I'm determined to do it!

If any of you catch me playing anything else this weekend, please shout at me!
Huw - I'm over 100 hours in and still have no clue what I'm doing so don't feel bad!  ;D


LOL!  Somehow that doesn't make me feel any better! ;)  I've tried countless times to get into CK2 and never managed it so I'm not holding my breath, but I'm going to make a damned good go of EU4.  I love the idea of it, at least.

Numerous times I've tried to wrap my head around EU4 and CK2 and always end up defeated and move on to something else.  From their obvious success/popularity as games I have to conclude it's me, not the game that has the issue. Good luck Huw...!




Huw the Poo

Thanks guys!  So far, so good.  I've played two thirds of the Spanish introductory campaign and I'm taking it all in.  It is fiendishly complex though; seems like every little click of the mouse has dozens of knock-on effects.  So many statistics within statistics.  If I can get the hang of this I'm going to be in gaming nirvana. :)