Middle East campaign series releases sep. 24

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 21, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Panman

I think it's a theatre that attracts a smaller group of war gamers.  There is a reason why ww2 games sell ... even though there are tons of them ... they just appeal to a wider audience.

Wishing all kinds of luck to the entire Campaign Series team.  I'm looking forward to many long hours of gaming and learning about a theatre I am not as familiar with.

Jason Petho

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 16, 2015, 07:50:05 PM
I am a little confused.....will this series still go forward with Matrix?  Disappointed to hear about the sales, but happy with my purchase so far.

Yes, the series will go forward, we are commited.

The sales are fine by my standards, just less that what they were expecting. Which really don't matter, since they don't have cash invested in our product or team. It's been the team putting in the work and labour.

Jason Petho
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

Bison

Well JTCS is one of my favorite wargames of all time, so I'm looking forward to seeing what in store for the future.

Crossroads

Yes, turns out it was a compliment rather, a sales pitch to those not interested. 'Those' being us  O:-)   

Creating something new and flashy and making an App of it while at it might be the call of the day, but that's not us. We'd rather be

Quote from: Cyrano on September 25, 2015, 10:15:19 AM
developers that develop groggy games

:smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

#229
Quote from: Panman on October 16, 2015, 09:14:32 PM
Wishing all kinds of luck to the entire Campaign Series team.  I'm looking forward to many long hours of gaming and learning about a theatre I am not as familiar with.

Quote from: Bison on October 16, 2015, 11:47:51 PM
Well JTCS is one of my favorite wargames of all time, so I'm looking forward to seeing what in store for the future.

Thanks guys, your support is appreciated!

Back to gaming now. The new weekly 1.01 BETA out today from Berto. Among new features:

- For on-counter unit stats, fixed an issue where the Morale stat was not displaying properly.
- Implemented new reveal rules for the display of counter and Info Box unit stats.
- Under ExtFOW, the Damage Report is no longer useless. It now displays much, but not quite all, of the info that a non FOW Damage Report would.
- Fixed a design decision where, under ExtFOW, the Display Disrupted highlight was not highlighting friendlies. Under ExtFOW, enemy disrupts still remain unhighlighted.
- Removed the multi-saves warning. (A useless, and otherwise offensive, anti-cheat measure.)


Downloading... Lock and Load! To be tested and documented also in the Into Africa! DAR I am writing under the AAR subforum later today.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

berto

I had to forgot to list this one!

QuoteORIGINAL:  berto

Oh, in the new 1.01 Betas 20151016, I forgot to mention this one important [link=http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3946786]new feature[/link]:

  • With a unit selected, hitting the F3 hot key (etc.) opens the Unit Viewer directly on the info page for that unit.  (Before, it would just open on a blank page, and you would have to hunt for the unit.)

    Please test that one also!
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

berto

Quote from: Crossroads on October 16, 2015, 11:49:05 PM
Yes, turns out it was a compliment rather, a sales pitch to those not interested. 'Those' being us  O:-)   

"It" being the new, replacement game engine they were promoting.

Like Crossroads said, not interested.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jason Petho on October 16, 2015, 11:40:21 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 16, 2015, 07:50:05 PM
I am a little confused.....will this series still go forward with Matrix?  Disappointed to hear about the sales, but happy with my purchase so far.

Yes, the series will go forward, we are commited.

The sales are fine by my standards, just less that what they were expecting. Which really don't matter, since they don't have cash invested in our product or team. It's been the team putting in the work and labour.

Jason Petho

Thanks for the clarification....glad to know things don't depend on Matrix since looking forward to future updates and modules.

-budd-

 will the unit viewer will work with both your units and the enemy units?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

berto

Quote from: -budd- on October 17, 2015, 05:11:57 AM
will the unit viewer will work with both your units and the enemy units?

Friendly units, in all cases yes.  Enemy units?  When FOW is in effect, no, in the sense that automatically summoning the selected unit's info page will not work.  There is nothing stopping you from digging in the Unit Viewer for enemy info, though.  (Remember:  The Unit Viewer is an outside app.  We ourselves don't code it, so there are limits to the interactivity with the official game EXEs.)
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

-budd-

yea was just wondering if i was going to save myself the digging time looking up enemy units and their capabilities. don't suppose this could be setting for players.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Jarhead0331

#236
Yeah...sorry to hear sales have not met with expectations. I'm not sure what matrix anticipated, but I can't say I'm surprised. It "looks" like an older game, covers a somewhat obscure theater, and has a high price tag. On top of all that, it's a wargame, so you're dealing with a smaller pool of interested gamers to begin with.

Seems like the game has a lot riding against it from a sales perspective. If the game was 19.99, I think sales would be significantly higher. And for the record, I'm not suggesting that the game is not worth the asking price, only that pricing can be very psychological for the consumer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


berto

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 17, 2015, 05:42:49 AM
Yeah...sorry to hear sales have not met with expectations. I'm not sure what matrix anticipated, but I can't say I'm surprised. It "looks" like an older game, covers a somewhat obscure theater, and has a high price tag. On top of all that, it's a wargame, so you're dealing with a smaller pool of interested gamers to begin with.

I think that's the biggest factor right there.  So many people have wished that this was YAWW2 (Yet Another World War 2) game instead.

At first, I too wasn't so interested in the subject matter.  Despite memories from my youth about the excitement we all felt by Israel's miraculous victory in the 1967 Six Day War.  I remember vividly, too, following the 1973 Yom Kippur War when I was in college.  Still, with the passage of time, and the fading of those memories...

Then I read up on the subject.  Intensely fascinating!  I'm a dyed in the wool American Civil War and WWII Pacific fan.  But to my great surprise, I have taken a real liking to Middle East.  It is now one of my favorite games!

QuoteSeems like the game has a lot riding against it from a sales perspective. If the game was 19.99, I think sales would be significantly higher. And for the record, I'm not suggesting that the game is not worth the asking price, only that pricing can be very psychological for the consumer.

We would have sold a few more units to a few more casual collectors, and to people who would play the game for a week or two until the next shiny new game was released (like Heroes of Normandie, which unfortunately for us released the immediate next week).  But I personally am skeptical that we would have made up on volume what we would lose in price.  Given the great amount of content, and the promise of future continuing free updates and support, I think the game is priced just right.  It was Matrix/Slitherine's decision, their well considered price point, and I support it 100%.  Anyway, there will be future promotional sales.  Then maybe the fence sitters will come off the proverbial fence.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Grim.Reaper

I know I am in the minority, but if this was just the WW2 version improved, I likely would not have purchased it at all.....to me the biggest selling point was the Middle East and in general just a different time period than WW2.  But I get it.....most other people are the opposite, which may have given you a few extra bucks:)

Crossroads

Revised NATO icons, new Wreck markers, lighter blue Israeli counters preview available now at the CS:ME Mods and Scenarios forum.

Anything out of place let me know!

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY