Combat Mission - confusion....

Started by JudgeDredd, October 17, 2015, 01:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Did you buy the retail version of the game?  Your patch 1.21 appears to be for the retail version not the download version from Battlefront.  Think you might have the wrong patch.

The following is the notes from my 1.21 patch, which is different then yours and mine just worked fine.

Combat Mission: Shock Force v1.21 Patch
November 5th, 2009

PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THIS INSTALL!!!

COMBAT MISSION SHOCK FORCE VERSION REQUIREMENT (EXTREMELY IMPORTANT):
This v1.21 is for you if one of the following applies to you:
- you have the original Battlefront.com version of the base game, Combat Mission Shock Force only, patched to v1.10 or v1.11
- you have at least one module from Battlefront.com, either the Marines module or the British Forces module

If one or both of the above applies to you, then this patch will allow you to select during installation which elements of the game you would like to patch. The choices include:

- CMSF + no module (you select this if you have just the base game and no module installed)
- CMSF + Marines Module (you select this if you have the base game and the Marines module, but no British Forces module)
- CMSF + British Forces Module (you select this if you have the base game and the British Forces module, but not Marines module)
- CMSF + Marines + British (you select this if you have all three items installed)

If all you have installed is the base game of Combat Mission Shock Force and NOT the Battlefront version, but a so-called "retail" version from Paradox Interactive or Gamersgate or another distributor, then DO NOT INSTALL THIS PATCH. A separate patch for your specific version of the base game will be released at some point. Check www.battlefront.com/patches frequently.


JudgeDredd

Yep - it seems the 1.21 patch is not required.

I have the GG version of the game - NOT the retail.

Anyway, I followed the instructions as per the link from Zulu's post and missed out the 1.21 patch. So the Brits took it to 1.20. Installing NATO took it to 1.30. Strangely enough, when installing the 1.31 patch, it said I would need 1.21 installed...but I didn't have that installed and continued anyway. I then installed the 1.32 patch and the game seems to be working with all modules.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

GJK

#17
I started going through this mess last night and it won't activate my license numbers ("invalid").  That was for CMBN with the 3.0 upgrade that I purchased.  I'm going to try to install CMSF but if it gives me grief I'm going to say the hell with them and stick to CMx1 (which I prefer the way that it plays better anyway).

Edit:  Well this thread got me to give CMBN a go again.  I more carefully read my license number txt file and saw the 3.0 license at the bottom...duh.  That one took but now I have to do the dance to figure out what order to install the patches.  The links at http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127930 are coming up 404 for me....
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

JudgeDredd

I got Battle for Normandy installed, then installed as per the link provided by Zulu...unfortunately, my CW and MG modules in the game are greyed out. The game is showing v3.00 though I upgraded to 3.11

I don't know. I suppose it may mean I've missed a step or something - but what a f*****g pita.

Back to the beginning ::)

On the plus side - Shock Force eventually took (even though I had to manually work out 2.11 was screwing the install up)

Thanks again for the links Zulu  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Eventually installed.

However, following the instructions for a second time, step by step, results in my CW and MG modules being disabled. They're visible, but not playable.

I had to put the activation codes in for both AFTER installing v3.11

I never EVER want to go through this bollox again.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Elvis

Ok......I'll admit that I didn't read everything in this thread (yet) but here are some helpful bits of information.

1) If you purchased the CMBN 3.0 with a download option, that is now a full game installer. Download a fresh copy and run the installer and it will install every patch,module and Upgrade, in the correct order. It's a pretty big download (10gb for PC and 4gb for Mac) but it's worth it to not have to worry about doing things in the correct order.

2) Once you have the game installed through 3.11, whether you use the full game installer or do it piece by piece, launch the game and enter your 3.0 key ONLY. Then close the game and use the desktop shortcut labeled Activate Modules (PC)/Activate New Products (Mac) and enter each module key to "unlock" the modules. A cool thing about the full game installer is that if you don't own the Vehicle Pack or all the modules and decide to purchase them at some point, you don't need to download or install anything. Just use that shortcut to unlock the content.

3) I didn't read the details of what you were saying about CMSF but I did notice that your base game was not a Battlefront purchase. If you purchased ANY module, that module converts your game to the Battlefront version for all patches.

I hope this helps a little. When I get a minute I'll try to read through the whole thread and see if there is anything else that I can add or if you have any specific questions, just ask.

Zulu1966

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 17, 2015, 09:54:42 AM
I got Battle for Normandy installed, then installed as per the link provided by Zulu...unfortunately, my CW and MG modules in the game are greyed out. The game is showing v3.00 though I upgraded to 3.11

I don't know. I suppose it may mean I've missed a step or something - but what a f*****g pita.

Back to the beginning ::)

On the plus side - Shock Force eventually took (even though I had to manually work out 2.11 was screwing the install up)

Thanks again for the links Zulu  O0

Ahhh ... be warned Judge - I had issues licensing those after the 3.11 upgrade. If you still have issues you can log a call with then and BF send some licensing cleaning software.
Not saying this is the problem so you might want to try again ... but I know some had problems after 3.11

Note this entry in the helpdesk that may shorten your frustration cycle.

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127980

"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

JudgeDredd

Thanks Elvis - for at least daring to come in.

I'm currently sorted, but there are issues with the "steps" as laid out in the links by Zulu.

I'm going to take a breather - but I think I laid out what was wrong in the instructions (or at least - what didn't work for me)

Thanks again.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Zulu1966 on October 17, 2015, 10:19:38 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 17, 2015, 09:54:42 AM
I got Battle for Normandy installed, then installed as per the link provided by Zulu...unfortunately, my CW and MG modules in the game are greyed out. The game is showing v3.00 though I upgraded to 3.11

I don't know. I suppose it may mean I've missed a step or something - but what a f*****g pita.

Back to the beginning ::)

On the plus side - Shock Force eventually took (even though I had to manually work out 2.11 was screwing the install up)

Thanks again for the links Zulu  O0

Ahhh ... be warned Judge - I had issues licensing those after the 3.11 upgrade. If you still have issues you can log a call with then and BF send some licensing cleaning software.
Not saying this is the problem so you might want to try again ... but I know some had problems after 3.11

Note this entry in the helpdesk that may shorten your frustration cycle.

http://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127980
Thanks Zulu - but it appears it's all updated and activated to 3.11  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Elvis

#24
There are no easy ways around CMSF (sorry) but here is what you should do with the others:

CMRT:

Install game (do not activate)
Install 1.03 patch and activate

CMBS:

Install game and activate
Install 1.03 patc

CMFI:

Install base game (Only activate if that is all that you have)
Install Gustav Line (only activate if you don't have the 3.0 Upgrade)
Install 1.12 patch
Install 3.0 and activate

CM:A
Install game and activate
Install 1.02 patch
Install 1.03 patch


Grim.Reaper

Elvis, if you have the 3.0 version and the full installers....does the full installer also include the modules for Market Garden (modules) or is there a separate full installer for each?

Elvis

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 17, 2015, 10:28:30 AM
Elvis, if you have the 3.0 version and the full installers....does the full installer also include the modules for Market Garden (modules) or is there a separate full installer for each?

If you downloaded the 3.0 Upgrade at any time since the middle of December 2014, it is the full game installer and will install Market Garden, CW, Vehicle Pack, 2.0 and all patches. Run that single installer and everything will be installed....even if you don't own the module or Pack. Then the desktop shortcut activates the modules/Pack.

Grim.Reaper


Elvis

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 17, 2015, 10:38:42 AM
Got it...thanks

I meant to add......If you purchased the 3.0 download before that time and re-download it now, the download is now the full installer.

Elvis

I finally had a few minutes to read the whole thread.....

Quote from: Zulu1966 on October 17, 2015, 03:54:24 AM
I think they now have one installer for the whole thing but thats only for new purchases - it would be useful if they made that available to those who already bought it.

Just to re-iterate. If you purchased the download version of CMBN 3.0 at any time, if you download it now, it will be the full installer. So to answer your request.....it is available to people who had already purchased it. Hope that's helpful.