Middle East campaign series releases sep. 24

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 21, 2015, 08:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

You almost had my heart jump when showing the unit ratings on the counter was in the preview picture, until I read the fine print where not available to the next update patch:)

Crossroads

Yeah, better wait for berto's new executables shipping with 1.01. Stats would be sort of static if we'd need to rely on ones I'd write on the counters themselves  :))
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Jason Petho

Just a reminder that the Middle East 1.01 UPDATE is expected to be released at the end of November or early December, depending on when Matrix/Slitherine can fit it in their release schedule.
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 17, 2015, 06:58:56 AM
I know I am in the minority, but if this was just the WW2 version improved, I likely would not have purchased it at all.....to me the biggest selling point was the Middle East and in general just a different time period than WW2.  But I get it.....most other people are the opposite, which may have given you a few extra bucks:)

In the minority, here, too.

I wouldn't even contemplate picking it up had it been another WW2 game. 

Panman

I think I'm going to buy a few extra copies for holiday gifts ... getting close to that time of year anyways   O0

Jason Petho

Well that's super good news! Thank you for your additional support!!
Campaign Series Middle East 1948-1985 : v3.00 coming 2024

Campaign Series Vietnam 1948-1967 : v1.30 released April 26, 2023

Campaign Series Cold War 1948-1985 : v1.00 coming 202?

Boggit

Quote from: Nefaro on October 17, 2015, 12:39:18 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 17, 2015, 06:58:56 AM
I know I am in the minority, but if this was just the WW2 version improved, I likely would not have purchased it at all.....to me the biggest selling point was the Middle East and in general just a different time period than WW2.  But I get it.....most other people are the opposite, which may have given you a few extra bucks:)

In the minority, here, too.

I wouldn't even contemplate picking it up had it been another WW2 game.
Personally I think JTSC could do with the ME makeover, as graphically far nicer (and more readable in a 1920*1080 environment), as well as the game engine improvements.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Crossroads

Quote from: Boggit on October 17, 2015, 07:48:00 PM
Personally I think JTSC could do with the ME makeover, as graphically far nicer (and more readable in a 1920*1080 environment), as well as the game engine improvements.

Something like this is on our drawing board. Once Vietnam is done it will be one of the WW II titles to create next. As things stand however we've pretty much lost all compatibility with the old series, so any new WW II title will be more or less a complete remake.

That said, we do plan to have conversion tools available, to be able to convert all old JTCS scenarios to new games.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Grim.Reaper

Although I know you can't tell us specifics, but do you have a general time line in mind for future releases?  Are you trying to release one of these games each year or is it more likely we won't see Vietnam until 2017?  Either way is fine, just curious.

berto

Yes, we are looking at a release schedule of one game per year.  Vietnam next, by the end of 2016 at the earliest.

Crossroads is correct.  For reasons of data incompatibility with the latest engine, but also for other reasons, the old JTCS is terminally dead.  Any more WWII titles coming from us will be substantially (if not quite totally) revamped and unbundled games.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Grim.Reaper

Thanks for the information....can't wait for the Vietnam version, something totally different and not main stream compared to the other era's covered....I'll likely sit out the revamps of the WWII stuff so glad to see this is next.....you'll just have to endure a lot of "Are we there yet?" comments since it is quite far away:)

-budd-

I'll be buying the Vietnam game but i am most excited about the revamp WW2 games, i think its long over due. I've been playing JTCS on and off for a long time and the revamp should take me through the next few decades. Looking forward to see what you guys do with the 3d units and terrain. I don't remember if this has been answered, are there any plans to bring the DCG's to ME?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Crossroads

Cheers Budd,

We consider the DCG engine to be in a need of a quite an overhaul, so that will take some time. Hopefully that overhaul will make it to CS:Vietnam game. Once there, the DCG engine would become available in CS:ME as part of keeping each title and its game engine on a same level.

Then, there'd need to be the DCGs designed for ME, but at least it would be possible.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

#253
Here's a few screenshots from the coming 1.01 UPDATE, that we hope would hit the download sites in about a month.

I am playing Syrians in a Golan“82 What-If. The victory levels would require me to hit positive points for a Draw (0VP), while a Minor Win would be 250VP and Major one 500VP. Minor and Major Losses at -250 and -500VP, respectively.

At turn #11/(30), I've just broke through the weakly held Israeli Northern flank, with an intention to secure the plateau below, taking over the two Objectives there. Wreck markers mostly mine... The battle to secure the northern Israeli Pillbox complex was particularly bloody, as evident in the surroundings. They had a Milan team there, while their Cobra flights were hitting me badly before I managed to introduce enough AA capability in the area to keep them away from the airspace.



Two turns later, there's a tally of 9 burning Merkavas with wreck markers on left, with a rising tally of 20 burning T-72s with some T-55 Eng tanks in the mix. It's been tough going, but little by little I've been able to fly in with my transport helos more and more not only infantry, but ATGM and MANPAD teams too.



Points are at +74 at this stage... But I really need to clear the area in the next few turns, for the Israeli relief column is soon on its way.

Quite a nailbiter, this one!
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam | CS: Middle East

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East DARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Tuna

Does it let you do a 'mix' of Nato symbols on the board and vehicle pictures in the Unit Cards? I really like the zoomed 2D option. I've been back in JTCS lately and the 2D zoom there is too far out.