Main Menu

I'm FRIDAY, Da Ba Dee

Started by undercovergeek, October 16, 2015, 05:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

Well I got passed down some players from higher leagues.  I was actually quite surprised by some of the ratings of the players much I higher than I was expecting.  But then you have to play the games.  I have a player that has some of the best hitting (not power) but eye, concentration, contact, and non-strikeouts in the league.  His hitless so far and has something like 10 out of 12 at bats recorded for strike outs.  My best and most consistent fielder and hitter shouldn't by all merits should be like the 3 alternate. In game, he's batting around .300 with risp.

Bison

OMG!  My pitching is atrocious.  I've averaged 7 runs a game the last 10 and have not won a single one of them.  It's amazing really.  I'm afraid every single time I have to go into the bullpen.  Unfortunately my starters are seldom giving me more than 4 innings without giving up 4 or more runs.   Craziness.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 16, 2015, 08:19:09 AM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on October 16, 2015, 06:46:16 AM
I think a may choose to play some more CMANO Northern Fury this weekend.

Maybe some CMANO.  Definitely some DCS and ARMAIII and probably some Wing Leader.

   I guessed pretty well what I would be doing.  Yes, DCS (shot myself down blowing up a ship with rockets from an F86, for example) and
ARMAIII -- the Eden Editor (very beta) is out there.  I spent a few minutes looking at that.

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on October 19, 2015, 07:41:38 AM
OMG!  My pitching is atrocious.  I've averaged 7 runs a game the last 10 and have not won a single one of them.  It's amazing really.  I'm afraid every single time I have to go into the bullpen.  Unfortunately my starters are seldom giving me more than 4 innings without giving up 4 or more runs.   Craziness.

I can't bring myself to run a Minor League team.  Other than the feast or famine issues with your AI superiors' roster management, the rosters themselves are a wide amalgamation that will probably change regularly (going back to the AI thing).  Too much chaos for my preference.

Bison

That's actually one of the things I enjoy about being just the manager.  You struggle to learn your team.  Find what you think is the right combinations.  Lament that the upper management is not getting the right talent.  But mostly you become very attached to your players.  It's a moment of !!!! Or ????  Or f$&k every game and a serious sense of dread or hope when you see the mail about personnel moves.