Struggling to make war?

Started by spelk, October 22, 2015, 06:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bob48

Ah. There is an actual new scenario you can download from BGG. Also, Highly recommend the updated rules book and a very short errata, both are on BGG.

Niko has been very helpful with rules questions.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Toonces

I just can't believe how I can have so many games and yet can't seem to find anything I want to play!

I have something like 220 games on Steam.  Add another 20 or so from GoG.  Add another 10-15 from Matrix, Battlefront, and other cats and dogs.  So we're talking over 250 games at my disposal right now, and not a single one is calling to me to be played.  I'm about to go lay on the couch and read a book.

It just doesn't make any sense.   ::)

It makes me appreciate those times when I got totally sucked into a game, like Skyrim.  When you just can't wait to get on and start gaming...I love that feeling and it happens so infrequently anymore.  And it's not that the games I have aren't good.  I think it might have something to do with the investment in time required to get halfway decent at many games.  If I have 250 games there are probably less than 20 that are in the actual rotation, and of those maybe 10 that get played on a monthly basis.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

And I'm out of scotch.   >:(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

So then, a tactical FPS sort of?

For a real-time visceral troop mover, it's kind of hard to beat Scourge of War (or its Take Command predecessors).

If you have a Playstation 2, Dynasty Tactics is a nice turn-based campaign game with plenty of depth but not hard to learn, and with the occasional (albeit PS2-level) eye candy.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!