Main Menu

Take On Mars

Started by Jarhead0331, November 03, 2015, 09:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

I bought into this sim pretty early on during early access and found it hopelessly boring and rough around the edges.  I deleted it eventually and never really gave it a second thought. I recently checked up on it and was surprised to see that it seemed to have really expanded in terms of content and stability. I did not expect to see operations in both orbit and on the surface of the moon.  I reinstalled and am really impressed with what Bohemia has accomplished over time. The game has really matured and is just another testament to Bohemia as a developer that stands by its products.

Anyway, I look forward to exploring this title further.

In the meantime, here are some screenshots from a couple of scenarios I messing around with.







































Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


MengJiao


  I got it long ago too.  Looks like it has changed a lot!

  I guess I will reload it or something.

PanzersEast

Does not look like I remember it...... they have progressed a long way.



PE

Jarhead0331

Yes, there has definitely been tremendous progress. Absolutely worth a look. Its sort of like KSP with a much more authentic look and feel.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Freyland

Those microphone-like thingies at the bottom sides of those screenies look suspiciously phallic.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Freyland on November 04, 2015, 02:18:00 PM
Those microphone-like thingies at the bottom sides of those screenies look suspiciously phallic.

Why is this surprising to you when considering that the game models NASA technology? You do know that NASA stands for the "National Anal Sex Administration".
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Freyland

Just seems like the bulky suits would get in the way.

Father Ted

Was about to post something meaningful, but having read the last few posts I guess I'll just pretend I wasn't here and leave you guys to it...

IronX

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 04, 2015, 02:00:36 PM
Its sort of like KSP with a much more authentic look and feel.
Nice. Will have to check it out.

Apocalypse 31

Its too bad they never updated/fixed Carrier Command.

MengJiao

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on November 04, 2015, 07:15:01 PM
Its too bad they never updated/fixed Carrier Command.

  The anal mod is out.

JudgeDredd

Why is your suite integrity low (red) - especially the trousers? Shit yersel?  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

#12
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 05, 2015, 11:18:20 AM
Why is your suite integrity low (red) - especially the trousers? Shit yersel?  :2funny:

I was still figuring out the gravity on the surface of the moon, and apparently jumped from just a little too high of an elevation. It damaged the suit, injured my legs and raised my heart rate and respiration.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 05, 2015, 11:18:20 AM
Why is your suite integrity low (red) - especially the trousers? Shit yersel?  :2funny:

  Shoe's untied.