Roller coaster tycoon world and planet coaster

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 03, 2015, 07:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

I know, I might be in the minority, but what the heck....I have always enjoyed running a theme park and noticed two new ones on the horizon.  Roller coaster tycoon had a beta last weekend and plan to release at end of December.  Planet coaster goes into beta next March which you can pay to get into.  Planet coaster really looks good but kind of far away.

Anyone play these type of games?  Anyone play the tycoon beta this past weekend with any impressions?  Seems like the steam forum largely didn't like it, but hard to trust them.

https://www.planetcoaster.com

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world/


Yskonyn

Planet Coaster is by Frontier. Same studio as Elite Dangerous and aparently they were also involved in earlier Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 game as wel as Zoo Tycoon and Thrillville.

The Rollercoaster World game is being made by a new studio as far as I know.

Interesting to see how both products will turn out for sure. I also liked my themepark building hours! :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

-budd-

I like a little theme park action. I still have RCT3 modded out installed on my machine. I've been keeping an eye on this one

http://store.steampowered.com/app/254590/   happens to be 34% off right now, its still in EA so i'm waiting a bit, its not like i don't have other things to play.

main site    http://www.themeparkstudio.com/main.html
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper


Grim.Reaper

Looks like tycoon pushed back until sometime in 2016...guess betas didn't go as planned.