Illwinter announces Conquest of Elysium 4

Started by Huw the Poo, May 27, 2015, 11:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 18, 2015, 01:41:10 AM
I'll buy it myself as soon as possible, but after buying a couple of games and a graphics card recently I can't really justify it.  It's pay day on Friday though!

Go on, it'll show of the capabilities of your new graphics card  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Bison

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on November 18, 2015, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 18, 2015, 01:41:10 AM
I'll buy it myself as soon as possible, but after buying a couple of games and a graphics card recently I can't really justify it.  It's pay day on Friday though!

Go on, it'll show of the capabilities of your new graphics card  :)

Ha!   :2funny: I love the fact that my computer will be overpowering for years to come with Illwinter games.  Saves me money to spend on other hobbies. 

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Wolfe1759 on November 18, 2015, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 18, 2015, 01:41:10 AM
I'll buy it myself as soon as possible, but after buying a couple of games and a graphics card recently I can't really justify it.  It's pay day on Friday though!

Go on, it'll show of the capabilities of your new graphics card  :)

LOL!  Yeah I wonder if I can get that one past my lady.  Although it's only two days until pay day so I'll buy it then for sure. :)

bbmike

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 17, 2015, 07:41:32 PM
Well, come on then!  It's been released and I can see some of you bought it; let the impressions flow!

Damn my Windows 10!  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sparhawk

I had a chance to spend a couple hours playing last night and am happy with it. CoE 4 presents more of a challenge than the previous game. So far there appears to be less resources spread about the map such as mines and castles or places to recruit. I don't know if it's standard but my citadel spawned in the North where there is perpetual snow which reduces gold production. The AI opponents seem to build up armies quicker and the battle map represents a major improvement. Your formation will advance with your front rank attempting to fragment and envelop the opposing rank. Missiles will strike any rank within range which seems to me a most significant development. Fortifications have walls and gates that must be accounted for in your strategy in assaulting. I was able to defend my citadel more effectively early on against creatures with just crossbowmen because of the extra defense of the wall.
I'm looking forward to a weekend playing, it should be fun.

Sparhawk 

Huw the Poo

Cool, thanks Sparhawk.  Can you still decide which age to start in?  Or plane?

Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 19, 2015, 01:44:51 AM
Cool, thanks Sparhawk.  Can you still decide which age to start in?  Or plane?

The setup options are still the same as in CoE3, from the vid I watched.

bbmike

It is still basically the same game as CoE3 but with a lot of improvements/tweaks. It feels like a mega patch. It does seem like it's worth the upgrade so far. For example, the map actually isn't random any more. There is polar areas at the north and south. Even mountain ranges. With the love the dev puts into these games I don't mind supporting them. I will be playing this game this weekend.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

Yeah I'll be breaking down and buying it too.  I love COE3 and Dominions.   Illwinter is a perfect example of developers I'm proud to support.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: bbmike on November 19, 2015, 09:06:39 AM
It is still basically the same game as CoE3 but with a lot of improvements/tweaks.

That's all I want!  CoE4 doing to CoE3 what Dom4 did to Dom3 sounds blissful.  I can't wait to play this on the weekend.

Oh dammit I'm going to a party on Saturday. :(

Bison

Perhaps you should develop an illness that requires you to medicate it by locking yourself in the mancave for the weekend.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Bison on November 19, 2015, 02:48:31 PM
Perhaps you should develop an illness that requires you to medicate it by locking yourself in the mancave for the weekend.

Heh.  Well, it's a good friend's party so I'd better put in an appearance.

I wish I had a mancave by the way.  My PC is in the dining room where I can be constantly bothered by woman and child alike. :(

bbmike

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 19, 2015, 02:52:26 PM
Quote from: Bison on November 19, 2015, 02:48:31 PM
Perhaps you should develop an illness that requires you to medicate it by locking yourself in the mancave for the weekend.

Heh.  Well, it's a good friend's party so I'd better put in an appearance.

I wish I had a mancave by the way.  My PC is in the dining room where I can be constantly bothered by woman and child alike. :(

Ouch. Mine's in a tiny room with two cat litter boxes and the laundry machines.  :-[
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Huw the Poo

Dear god, I don't know which of us has it worse!

Wolfe1759

Quote from: bbmike on November 19, 2015, 03:16:57 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 19, 2015, 02:52:26 PM
Quote from: Bison on November 19, 2015, 02:48:31 PM
Perhaps you should develop an illness that requires you to medicate it by locking yourself in the mancave for the weekend.

Heh.  Well, it's a good friend's party so I'd better put in an appearance.

I wish I had a mancave by the way.  My PC is in the dining room where I can be constantly bothered by woman and child alike. :(

Ouch. Mine's in a tiny room with two cat litter boxes and the laundry machines.  :-[

Don't really know why but this made me think of Zork

>Look
Ouch. Mine's in a tiny room with two cat litter boxes and the laundry machines. 

>_

:)

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill