Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

Started by Philippe, November 17, 2015, 11:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 19, 2015, 12:01:17 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 19, 2015, 10:42:06 AM
That's right at the start of the game. It kind of sets the tone and difficulty of the game.

Does that mean fully agreeing makes the game more difficult, or less?

What do you think? Fully agreeing with a loony or telling him he's loony?  ;)
And you actually have 3 choices: Agreeing with his plan, try to alter his plan, and make up yer own plan.

Agreeing with him gives you more political capitol but invites more interference from him.

Trying to slightly alter his plan will result in less cooperation from those in his circle and see him interfere less but be more on edge if things don't progress well.

Going it your own way leaves you with little help from above and can make missteps.... deadly.... But you can choose victory conditions that are actually attainable.

So the answer is yes.  O0


sandman2575

Quote from: Cyrano on November 19, 2015, 10:47:03 AM
Of course it doesn't hurt that I'm in the Kursk section of Max Hastings' "Inferno"...

Great book by a great writer --

Sir Slash

Tell a loon he's a Loon, and you get to lead Barbarossa in person. As in the first guy across the border kind of leading I mean. But why not see for yourself by watching the hour long preview over at youtube?    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDmzvgvwT3M   Enjoy. 
                 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

It's released tomorrow - hold onto your hats.

I reckon DD £45 ($68) and posted with printed manual £65 ($98)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

Damn. This will be another ignored release for me.  I already missed so many due to some projects.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: jomni on November 23, 2015, 03:56:12 AM
Damn. This will be another ignored release for me.  I already missed so many due to some projects.
Mate I was only speculating - it could be a tenner  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

jomni

Nah. It's not the price.  I'm just really occupied lately. must not be distracted by new games.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2015, 01:39:37 AM
It's released tomorrow - hold onto your hats.

I reckon DD £45 ($68) and posted with printed manual £65 ($98)

Is this a guess, or has that been stated in an official forum somewhere?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2015, 06:39:17 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2015, 01:39:37 AM
It's released tomorrow - hold onto your hats.

I reckon DD £45 ($68) and posted with printed manual £65 ($98)

Is this a guess, or has that been stated in an official forum somewhere?

He's probably factoring in the 300 page hard cover manual.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2015, 06:39:17 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2015, 01:39:37 AM
It's released tomorrow - hold onto your hats.

I reckon DD £45 ($68) and posted with printed manual £65 ($98)

Is this a guess, or has that been stated in an official forum somewhere?
Total speculation - hence the "I reckon". It could be less given War in the West and War in the East were bigger in scope.

We'll find out tomorrow. I fully expect to be picking this up with the manual
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Grim.Reaper

Matrix said this when price was asked...

"We don't about prices in advance but this is a big game."

So just guessing anytime they have stated their game is big or a premiere, always tends to be on the higher side...but who knows.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

This doesn't seem to be nearly as complex as WITW or WITE. I would hope the price will be a little lower. I think $50 would be the outside limit of what I would consider paying for a digital download.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18