What are you guys recommending as an FPS?

Started by undercovergeek, November 19, 2015, 07:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

Why is no one recommending Star Wars Battlefront?

FlickJax

My favourite was Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, most fun I ever had multiplayer. Haven't really played one since Bad Company so out of touch here.

W8taminute

Quote from: jomni on November 20, 2015, 03:32:48 AM
Why is no one recommending Star Wars Battlefront?

That's actually a good game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

is there still an active Bad Company 2 community? That was a time sink on the PS3 before it went all serious with BF 3 and BF4

i suppose it would be either WW2 or modern era - ill see if its still alive

Gusington

Have you played the newest Wolfenstein? Awesome game.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek


Father Ted

RO2 is a great game, but if you've not played it before, be prepared to die a lot, probably before you even see an enemy.  Then when you finally see an enemy and shoot him, you'll find that you've TK'd someone.  I've put a fair few hours into it, and I still need a couple of maps to get my eye in.  I recommend it highly, but you have to give it a good go.

Planetside 2 is also a fave of mine.  The huge, open-world action and massive battles are a big draw.  Also it's ftp - and I've barely felt the need to spend any money.

Both of these are large-scale, so as a newbie you won't stand out like you would in a Counterstrike clone, though in PS2 you tend to feel a bit lost without friends on TS.

undercovergeek

dug around today, im liking TF2, BFBC2 or Planetside 2

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 20, 2015, 10:09:50 AM
was looking for MP mainly

In that case, I'll also recommend Insurgency.  It's like CS:GO only a bit slower which is ideal for old farts such as yourself.  It has a co-op mode which is really good fun.

undercovergeek

old fart is it???

dont let me find you on a server welsh boy

Father Ted

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 20, 2015, 01:05:56 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on November 20, 2015, 10:09:50 AM
was looking for MP mainly

In that case, I'll also recommend Insurgency.  It's like CS:GO only a bit slower which is ideal for old farts such as yourself.  It has a co-op mode which is really good fun.

Hmmm...this has the makings of a clan.

Huw the Poo

Sounds good Ted!

Geek: I'll put a bullet between your eyes before you can say zimmer frame. :P

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!


Huw the Poo