Where are the new CM games?

Started by RyanE, November 24, 2015, 07:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RyanE

OK, put my post in a time capsule and open it in two months.

Elvis

#16
Maybe related (maybe not) to the original post is the update information about the Repository. Here's a link to a more detailed explanation:

http://community.battlefront.com/announcement/18-new-repository-and-opponent-finder/

I am happy to see someone else handle user made scenarios. The Repository has always been a very clumsy way to access user made scenarios/campaigns and mods. After playing around in it a little bit (and downloading a couple of battles) it is still not what I would want if I could wave a magic wand and create one. I'd like to see a sort-able/searchable way to find battles using specific content. Like a battle that uses Market Garden and the Vehicle Pack, for instance. But it is still more user friendly than the Repository.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I am having a blast playing a PBEM against Peng using "Wittmann's Demise". If you're looking for a big battle to play against someone, give it a try. The stronger player should play as Germans in H2H.

RyanE

I think what you are looking for is key word search.  Most modern database searches have it and most can even build it automatically.  Why both the repository and the depot don't have it...I don't know.

I am not a coder by any stretch, but I built one for my wife's business site in two hours.  Granted, it has no user interface for uploading content so the level of complexity is a LOT less, but the app automatically generated a key word list based on some very minor configuration.

Elvis

Turns out it does. The search thing look kinda weird. You'd click on it and a dropdown with 2 choices appears. One called Catergory and the other Tag. If you select Category, another dropdown giving you game family names appears and you can select one. If you select tag then the choices are things like Probe, H2H" "AI only" "Attack".

I just played with it and if I ignored those dropdowns and typed in something like Vehicle Pack, it displays scenarios that require the VP. 

I guess that I just needed to play around with it more. The bottom line is that you can just type what you're looking for in the search window.

RyanE

Thats good to know.  The old SD keyword search never worked right for me.  I think it depended on the author to set the keys and most didn't appear to do it.