Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

Started by Philippe, November 17, 2015, 11:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Those are all fine with me -- all the bling = woo!  :D

What's winter test, though? I didn't recall seeing that in the manual; a quick search of the text doesn't bring it up; and when I load the operation in single player it doesn't show up as an option.

I do have the latest version; I just updated again a minute ago to be sure.

I doubt it's important, but I'm curious. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

I'm going with a BETA option to allow testing of winter conditions, movement, supply, morale, combat etc
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JasonPratt

Oh, as far as PBEM protection, that'll also prevent us from saving and loading the game between turns -- or rather it won't, but it'll alert each other if we do so. It's meant to keep down save scumming.

I'm not familiar with the interface, so there's a good chance I'll do something by accident I didn't mean to. But since I'm playing Stalin, I'll just consider that role playing.  >:D


Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 26, 2015, 10:30:44 AM
I'm going with a BETA option to allow testing of winter conditions, movement, supply, morale, combat etc

That would explain Bart's screen, thanks! Although then I'm worried about whether our versions are compatible. (If this was out on Steam already, we could keep up on beta options.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Jason,

Yes its a screen shot from the beta I previewed. I bought the up to date release version as well so no worries there.

We can turn off the PBEM save thing if you'd like. I trust you to not abuse it if you'd rather have the option to undo boo-boos.

I can get us started this Saturday. PM me yer email and we'll do it old school.



JasonPratt

I set up a game a minute ago through the PBEM++ system; I'm pretty sure I set it up with me (the challenger) as Russia, but... ;)

I used the option set noted. It doesn't stop us from undoing booboos, it just reminds us to notify the other player if we did so. :)

I can do it by regular pmail, too, if you prefer -- mainly that was a test to see if I could set it up, since I've never used the Matrix internal system before and I figured this was a good excuse to learn how. The first thing I learned, is that the system used my universal Slitherine/Matrix login username and password, so anyone who has worked directly through Slitheratrix is already pre-registered in the system.

Let me know which; if you'd rather I do it by non++, I'll pm my email. If you're okay trying it this way, I'll pm you the password.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart

Send the password and we'll use the PBEM++. I've used it lots and it works well.

I see you've already started a DAR thread. I won't read it and will start my own soon.

Have fun and good luck.  O0

JasonPratt

I'll pm the password after this.

Since we may not start for a couple of days depending on holiday scheduling, I've made a note in my first post that it's okay for you to read along (and comment) for a little while. I'll let you know when it's time to stay away.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Xtiaan72

Honestly kids... World War Two is out of fashion. Grow up.  :uglystupid2:

spelk


Barthheart

Very cool Spelk! Thanks for the link.

JasonPratt

#131
Whoops, I was going to code that YT properly, but it's a list.

Edited to add: And the owner doesn't want it watched anywhere other than YT, so... no convenient Barbarossa episode window here.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Xtiaan72

I watched the first 10 minutes. "Captivating". Required reading for my unborn son. Thank You, Fellas. :smitten:

spelk

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 26, 2015, 01:04:52 PM
Whoops, I was going to code that YT properly, but it's a list.

Yeah, I can't seem to get playlists to link inline here. :(

JasonPratt

Whoops, forgot to mention for anyone tracking this thread, that Bart and I have both now started our AARs. You can find the appropriate links in my sig (to the top of the threads; I forgot to include the code for going to new posts your system hasn't seen yet. Will try to fix later.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!