Main Menu

Helldivers, PC release

Started by Tpek, December 04, 2015, 02:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tpek

So with the game being "fully" out early next week,
And with it being playable right now via Steam (though without the pre-order/deluxe bonus stuff for it).
Who else is Helldiving (other than myself of course)? :)

Jarhead0331

I'll be picking it up. Kick ass game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Yskonyn

#2
Is it cross platform compatible? If not I'll stay with the PS4 / Vita version.

EDIT: Nevermind; Arrowhead's website says there is no crossplay between PC and PS
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

steve58

Thought this was a WWII-type game :(
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Father Ted

Quote from: steve58 on December 04, 2015, 04:30:30 PM
Thought this was a WWII-type game :(

Well I thought it was something to do US carrier aircraft in the Pacific

Capn Darwin

I had the same thought and hope that Father Ted did.  :'(
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Silent Disapproval Robot


Freyland

Almost totally off-topic, but I see that this game is being made by the same folk that made Magicka.  I then discovered that Magicka 2 is not made by these folk.  Since I never got into either, does anyone know the history of why a different company is making Magicka 2 for Paradox?

Apocalypse 31

I've just pumped 20 hours into this game.

I love it this game!

Character & Equipment customization is great! I bought the Deluxe Edition which came with a fair amount of equipment, vehicles, and srategem already unlocked. I've been enjoying the ability to customize the look of my character and enhance the equipment I'm using through research points.

Player Loadouts (Strategems). I really dig that you have to put some thought into which equipment you deploy on missions. With only 4-strategm slots, its vital that players conduct some assessment of their mission.

Cooperative gameplay is wonderful, and I've had some great cooperative moments. From my experiences, this is a great community. This is the only community where I see players congratulate each other on being promoted in-game. I've seen guys risk their pixel lives to save other players, and there really seems to be a community effort. Also, I'm not sure how the overall campaign works but from what I understand it is also a community effort to defeat each faction.

Intense gameplay is intense! The AI is a little gamey in how it spawns, but it isnt impossible (maybe some of the mother-planets) and can be beaten with a dedicated and coordinated group of players.

Glad I picked this up, and glad I dropped the extra cash on the deluxe edition. I've been playing this more than anything else lately.

jomni