Ageod's Upcoming Napoleonic Game

Started by spelk, August 12, 2015, 09:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikeck

#75
Quote from: tgb on December 05, 2015, 06:38:28 PM
Where in my post(s) did I say ANYTHING about 30-45 second turn resolution or even a minute.  If you are going to try to refute what I wrote, at least REFUTE WHAT I WROTE!!!!!!!!!

Ok, You said

" I played 2 turns (with processing taking 5 minutes + each), and then after another 5 minutes of turn resolution I got a CTD.

Uninstalled. I just wish I had my $40 back
. "

...I read it and comprehended it. You mentioned 5 minute resolution times. Specifically. So, as stated above, I simply responded that mine take 30-45 and doesn't bother me.

So my comment was that I'm not having resolution problems like you are my terms are over in 30 to 45 seconds. That's exactly what I said. I don't know why you're looking for a fight and why you're so excited about this. I'm not trying to "REFUTE" anything, you offered your opinion of the game after 3 turns, and I offered mine. That's it. Not sure why you are so spun up over this.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

#76
Edit
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

Quote from: mikeck on December 05, 2015, 05:46:52 PM
I don't mind waiting 30-45 sec for a turn resolution but that's me.

Mikeck, your statement can be interpreted in the same way as tgb.  You did not specifically state that 30-45 sec is YOUR current experience.  "But that's me" is a statement of preference.

Given tgb is already in a bad mood. Just leave him be and don't need to escalate further.

tgb

Quote from: jomni on December 06, 2015, 03:08:14 AM
Quote from: mikeck on December 05, 2015, 05:46:52 PM
I don't mind waiting 30-45 sec for a turn resolution but that's me.

Mikeck, your statement can be interpreted in the same way as tgb.  You did not specifically state that 30-45 sec is YOUR current experience.  "But that's me" is a statement of preference.



Exactly.  Thanks you.

bobarossa

To weigh in very vaguely, I find I prefer a 4-5 minute delay to 30-45 second one.  The former let me read a few pages of a book while the latter just make me twiddle my thumbs and get anxious.  At least that was my experience when I used to play ProN. 

mikeck

#80
Quote from: jomni on December 06, 2015, 03:08:14 AM
Quote from: mikeck on December 05, 2015, 05:46:52 PM
I don't mind waiting 30-45 sec for a turn resolution but that's me.

Mikeck, your statement can be interpreted in the same way as tgb.  You did not specificalstate that 30-45 sec is YOUR current experience.  "But that's me" is a statement of preference.

Given tgb is already in a bad mood. Just leave him be and don't need to escalate further.

I wasnt trying to claim to specifically get those times. Just that I wouldn't mind. But yeah, this isn't going anywhere worth while. Good point.

TGB, buddy, I'm really not trying to agitate you. Sorry if it did
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

#81
Quote from: bobarossa on December 06, 2015, 10:53:25 AM
To weigh in very vaguely, I find I prefer a 4-5 minute delay to 30-45 second one.  The former let me read a few pages of a book while the latter just make me twiddle my thumbs and get anxious.  At least that was my experience when I used to play ProN.

I'm getting about 20-30 seconds but imagine that may very  depending on how many moves and battles are being made and fought. 4-5 minutes  is a little crazy for me. I only get maybe an hour or two to play in a block I can't spend that much time waiting. That's why I never got into PON.

Seems to be a lot of variance on the thread. Best i can tell it is less dependent on system than on scenario. I have only played the grand campaign though. I found that on the "Prussia 1806" I wasn't allowed to make regional decisions or recruit which is a big part of the game. I don't care for that decision
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on December 03, 2015, 12:56:17 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on December 03, 2015, 12:47:09 PM
Quote from: tgb on December 03, 2015, 12:40:54 PM
And in the "it never rains but it pours department", I just received download information for the beta of Victory and Glory (Slitherine's other Napoleonic war game)  ;D

Just took a look at the handful of screen shots on the Slitherine site for Victory and Glory, and did not like the look of it at all. Not saying anything about gameplay....just the look of the map, IMHO, is painful to the eyes.

The developer's previous game, Hannibal, was nothing special to look at, but the gameplay and AI are so good I still play it, 10 years after release.

I think Hannibal's hand-drawn artistic style, with papyrus undertoned background on the map, looked better than the new Napoleonic one's graphics.   :-\

mikeck

I like the period maps....BoA had me sort of. But this one isn't bad...Rise of Prussia was horrible. (The map). I do like the counter art and profiles. Nice art. The generals in ROP looked...odd.

I'm not a Napoleonic grog so I'm interested (maybe jomni) to hear if the uniforms and units are correct
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bison

I love the BOA maps and unit markers.  I just wish they could address two issues.  1. Font size.  2. Extra zoom in layers.

tgb

Quote from: mikeck on December 06, 2015, 01:24:19 PM
Quote from: jomni on December 06, 2015, 03:08:14 AM
Quote from: mikeck on December 05, 2015, 05:46:52 PM
I don't mind waiting 30-45 sec for a turn resolution but that's me.

Mikeck, your statement can be interpreted in the same way as tgb.  You did not specificalstate that 30-45 sec is YOUR current experience.  "But that's me" is a statement of preference.

Given tgb is already in a bad mood. Just leave him be and don't need to escalate further.

I wasnt trying to claim to specifically get those times. Just that I wouldn't mind. But yeah, this isn't going anywhere worth while. Good point.

TGB, buddy, I'm really not trying to agitate you. Sorry if it did

Nah, I was in a crappy mood, more about the attitude coming from Ageod than anything else.  Didn't mean to take it out on you.

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Hofstadter

I played a bit of this. Problem is that I cannot stand the UI. If youre moving a large cluster of units in a short area, it turns into a mess of black lines and you end up having no idea what the heck is happening
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

W8taminute

Quote from: Hofstadter on January 04, 2016, 03:09:47 AM
I played a bit of this. Problem is that I cannot stand the UI. If youre moving a large cluster of units in a short area, it turns into a mess of black lines and you end up having no idea what the heck is happening

All AGEOD games are like that but once you get used to their logic it all makes sense.  It took me many years to finally grasp how to play an AGEOD game the way the creators intended it.  You have to get inside their heads and understand how they interpret wargames.  Once you do the reward is great.  AGEOD games are not for everyone though I will admit that and it's all due to the unique gameplay mechanic.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

verdugo94

I am thinking about buying this game, could someone give some impressions about it?

Thanks you in advance :)